Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throwing this out there. Anyone have a set of taller clip-ons they aren't using. I want to play around with positioning before I go the handbar route. Brian

·
Registered
119 Posts
i have some heli bars that raise things a bit. i've been toying with the idea of going back to stock....

d.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I would suggest the cycle cat risers. I had them a while ago and they were awesome with a ton of adjustment. not Im using LSL bars with a 1.5" rise.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have some heli bars that raise things a bit. i've been toying with the idea of going back to stock....

d.
D. How much higher is a bit?

And, you willing to part with them?

Brian

·
Registered
119 Posts
D. How much higher is a bit?

And, you willing to part with them?

Brian
not a lot higher, but definitely higher than my neighbors stock 749 bars. i can take pictures, if you want. i might be willing to trade for stock bars. MIGHT. :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Higher Clip-ons...

Hey Brian, there's a nice pair right now on ebay! They are the same exact ones as mine and I am very happy with them! They are Tomasselli black.

Good Luck!:abduct:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Brian, there's a nice pair right now on ebay! They are the same exact ones as mine and I am very happy with them! They are Tomasselli black.

Good Luck!:abduct:
I saw those and they dont look any higher than the stock clip-ons. Or am I seeing things wrong?

·
Registered
388 Posts
If you are looking for a cheap alternative, I went ahead and bought some clip ons without the bars, cut up some standard handlebars and made my own. I was able to raise the bars a good amount as well as change the angel. There is a how to on here somewhere, search on this site using "old man clip ons" or something with old man in the title.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dumb luck has a way of finding me. Through my ebay travels, I just bought a complete early Monster triple tree set-up. Handlebars it is...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not the prettiest things but I also made my own:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I'm looking for recommendations for clip-ons also. I've bought a bike in Idaho and will be riding 3500 miles approx. to get home. I tried cycle cat bars a few years ago and found them to be a bit restrictive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts