Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone form New England going to the Maine European Motorcycle Enthusiasts meet this year?

Ive gone before and I am planning on going again this year with some friends. The roads in Northwest Maine are great because there is very little traffic but a lot of curves and scenery.

Plus the owner of a large assortment of vintage BMW motorcycles in the area will open them up to the public so that should be cool. :D

Should be fun, hope to see you there.

http://www.eurobikemaine.org/

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What type of Duc's can you demo? Any Streetfighters there?

·
Registered
74 Posts
The DucTruck is suposed to have everything, but they have a Streetfighter demo at MM.
MEME is a great event. Nice roads and bikes that you won't see everyday.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the meme site is for 08.
Yeah, but if you go to the MEME Forum link on the site, the organizer (Mike Stackhouse) has all the info listed there under MEME Events.

After it is all over he will probably update the main page with pictures and stuff like he did last year.

·
Registered
74 Posts
10th Annual Maine European Motorcycle Meet
July 23-24-25-26, 2009
Tentative Schedule

July 23, 2009 (Thursday)
Evening meet and greet
Open House at Moto Milano with the Ducati Hyper Demo Truck

July 24, 2009 (Friday)
Breakfast
Triumph morning ride/ luncheon at the Jolly Drayman English pub
Evening meal and festivities
Open House at Moto Milano with the Ducati Hyper Demo Truck
Kens KTM will have KTM Demo bikes

July 25, 2009 (Saturday-day)
Breakfast
Adventure tour (self guided)
Covered Bridge Tour (self guided)
Mt. Washington Tour (self guided)
Area mountain notch tour (self guided)
Vintage Tour 12:00pm sharp (this year will be vintage British, European, AND Japanese motorcycles)
Dealer displays
Ducati Hyper Demo Truck

July 25, 2009 (Saturday evening)
Dinner with entertainment (Pepper’s All Stars)
Motorcycle trivia-prize giveaways-awards ceremony

July 26, 2009 (Sunday)
Dealer displays
European and British Motorcycle Show (11:00am-1:00pm)
Entertainment (Blue Steel Express presented by Moto Milano)
Ducati Hyper Demo Truck
Show awards and raffle drawing (1:30pm)

All events based out of the Jordan Grand Hotel at Sunday River Ski Resort in Newry, Maine with the exception of the Triumph luncheon at the Jolly Drayman in Bethel and the Moto Milano Open House in North Windham.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
was planning the ama trip to ohio,but in light of this new information Ill be going to the north,nicer ride.
If the weather holds out, I think you will enjoy it.
Make sure you ride RT 113 through the appalachian gap, it is one unbelievable ride! :D
P.S. What are you riding? maybe I'll see you there

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fritz,what happened to your gt,I ll be riding the same bike to meme,will I make it?
I traded it in for the Sport 1000s. I loved that bike, I just wanted something different for a change.

You WILL make it and have fun getting there! I'll be there on Friday and Saturday. What color is the GT so I know what to look for?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MEME Update

We had a great time at MEME and riding through Northern Maine and NH. The weather was mostly good and the traffic light. A lot of roads were recently paved which made the ride even better. We did about 550 miles that weekend and I am looking forward to more in the upcoming weeks.

Dave Percivals private BMW motorcycle collection was unbelievable and I recommend anyone in the New England area to see it when it is opened. It usually only happens once a year I'm told however.
Here is a link i found showing some of the bikes
http://www.bfbrawnphotography.com/DPmotorsports/DPmotorsports.html

BTW-Here is a silly YOU TUBE video of us zipping through Dixville Notch in Northern NH. I'm on the Ducati of course and my friends are on Triumphs.

(Ignore the three bikes at the begining they fooled me!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lo-LJR-kvM

·
Registered
106 Posts
We made it on Sunday, rode from the midcoast in the rain just to show off the Omars fairing and shiny new paint to the guys at Moto Milano. Bought a tee shirt and rode some roads home again. Buddy was on his RC51, which is by all accounts a truly wonderful machine.
Sicduc was there with his custom frame and it was worth the ride just to look that over. If you are in the area next year take my advice and take the trip!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts