Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to US Desmo trackday 10 October at Carolina Motorsports Park. Anyone else going, attended US Desmo event or ride CMP, give me a heads up. This is my first time attending a US Desmo event and riding CMP. Looking for any comments/impressions, and to meet up with some frielndly faces :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ill be there on sunday either in Int or Adv group which ever one has less people. US Desmo trackdays are my fav, awesome group of people and everyone is really laid back.

As for CMP, be sure you have relatively new tires for cmp chews up tires (especially on the right side) Watch out for turn 1, often times there is sand in it since the whole damn place pretty much is like a beach. Turn 8 is also very easy to fuck up. If you apex to early your fucked. A lot of people tend to crash in Turn 14 aswell. Renting s garage for $50 is also def worth it. You don"t have to deal with the sand everywhere and there seems to always be a nice breeze blowing through the garages.

Hope I didn't scare you, CMP is awesome, especially the Kink.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They run that track clockwise or counter? Thanks for the info... got some new BT003RS to spoon on.

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
878 Posts
Be there Sunday - helping out and observing.

It's run clockwise.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Never been & from Columbia??

Clockwise. They've changed a few turns & I haven't been since then (haven't ridden on track (or street really) in 2 years). I'll be the super rusty one.
If it rains, the track used to be pretty good in the wet. Wet is better than damp there. Again, haven't been in a couple years, so hoping there's no sealer and it's not now like Roebling used to be,

I'll be on a 996 (red) wearing blue leathers w/ 's "31" on the back of my leathers & bike. Driving a big blue Dodge Ram and a buddy of mine will be with me on a 1098r (a soon to be X-friend). Stop by & look us up.

Ennis Pleasants

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never been & from Columbia??

Clockwise. They've changed a few turns & I haven't been since then (haven't ridden on track (or street really) in 2 years). I'll be the super rusty one.
If it rains, the track used to be pretty good in the wet. Wet is better than damp there. Again, haven't been in a couple years, so hoping there's no sealer and it's not now like Roebling used to be,

I'll be on a 996 (red) wearing blue leathers w/ 's "31" on the back of my leathers & bike. Driving a big blue Dodge Ram and a buddy of mine will be with me on a 1098r (a soon to be X-friend). Stop by & look us up.

Ennis Pleasants
Just moved here last year. Sold the Bip last summer, and picked up the R in August. Also, I'm a Drill Sergeant at Ft. Jackson, so time to ride is limited. I'm glad to be getting back on a track. The roads here are worthless.

I'm planning to bring my SM in case it does get wet; hopefully the organizer won't have a problem with that. See you there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Saturday should be good (mostly, anyway). Sunday.... might be a good day for rain tires.
Hope to see you there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts