Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yorktown. There are 2 other guys who live in Va Bch. Both Navy I believe.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I'm in V.B. and my buddy Dan (SS904) is in Suffolk, At least I am for about another month or so before the good Navy sends me out to San Dog for a couple of years.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
B_Cebrian said:
I'm in V.B. and my buddy Dan (SS904) is in Suffolk, At least I am for about another month or so before the good Navy sends me out to San Dog for a couple of years.
I wish I could go to San Fran :( My buddy was out there for a couple months and loved it. He was at Palomar every freaking weekend

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Palomar is a really nice road. The only problem is it's squid central. I haven't been in several years because of all the traffic. I usualy ride some less spectacular rodes but much less traffic and boy racer wannabees. Sunrise Highway, 79, and the like around Julian and that area.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
05ducss800 said:
Im from Newport News, just got back from 2nd tour in Iraq, will be around for awhile.
2nd time over at the sandbox! You are da man!
I thought 6 months out to sea was bad hahaha
Welcome home :D

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Welcome home SS good to see you back and safe.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wrong Region

Damn this whole time I have been in the South-East forum. I live just over the Virginia Beach line in Chesapeake. South Military Hwy. and Indian River Road are the nearest crossroads to me. PM me to ride. I know of two other local riders one with a 2003 999 EuroDuc and another with a 996SPS EuroDuc

Why don't any of you show up on the frappr regional Ducati map? Here is the thread:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=1686

This is the site I'm referring to:
http://www.frappr.com/ducati

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dunlop said:
Damn this whole time I have been in the South-East forum. I live just over the Virginia Beach line in Chesapeake. South Military Hwy. and Indian River Road are the nearest crossroads to me. PM me to ride. I know of two other local riders one with a 2003 999 EuroDuc and another with a 996SPS EuroDuc

Why don't any of you show up on the frappr regional Ducati map? Here is the thread:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=1686

This is the site I'm referring to:
http://www.frappr.com/ducati
I do show up... I am the lower of the two thingies but I actually live at the tip of the arrow :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
grendels_arm said:
Wow more Duc riders in southern part of the state than in the north.
NAHHHH....there's a whole gaggle of them MAD-sters that are not on there!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yeah but I notice most Madsters are in MD though it seems. They need to hang out in the Central-East forum.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
not true....it used to be so...but there's alot of MAD-sters in NOVA...alot more than will admit to it openly!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sort of new to the forum......but I live in Va Beach, up on the north end on Shore Drive and Great Neck Rd. I see a Ducati everyone once in a blue moon, but not too many! Wish I'd see more, too many Japanese bikes around, the whine drives me nuts.

BTW, I'm a submariner, on shore tour as an instructor at Old Dominion University.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
adistar333 said:
BTW, I'm a submariner, on shore tour as an instructor at Old Dominion University.
You must be one of dem O's eh ;)
I am on the Theodore Roosevelt and the only other duc that I see on a regular baisis is a black monster...

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Missed this one! I haven't been to the regional board in a long time. It was pretty dead for a while.

I'm in Suffolk. I work in VA BCH (Dam Neck). Take the bike most days. I tend not to ride for fun in the Virginia Beach area anymore though. Not that I won't, just too much traffic and the wrong kind of attention to be much fun. I do like to ride the Pungo area, and I'll "take the long way home" that way some times, but it's a little better for spirited riding out my way. The roads are decent, and there's pretty much no traffic. I'm on temp duty out in Port Hueneme California until the end of August. When I get back, I'll definitely be looking to ride.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts