Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen this before? Tires are 11 years old (I think) Conti sport attack, so I’m planning to replace them but I’ve been all over the internet trying to find an answer. I have read through a past forum tread with something similar with folks guessing but I’m wondering if anyone has 1st hand experience. Front tire has the same thing/ wear/damage but only on the shoulders.
Any help appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
If it's just one crack on each tire, I'd say it's where the belt is butted together. I use to see it a lot back in the '80 on bias belt tires being used at the track.

Can't say I've ever seen it on a radial, but then again...it's an 11 year old tire. Probably the compound is breaking down.

Doesn't really matter, who the heck would ride on 11 year old tires? ;)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yep, had the same thing on a 240 rear on my Diavel, Pirelli Rosso, got it replaced under warranty too. The more i rode it once it started the wider and deeper it got, not to the point of what you have though.

Not much chance of warranty with yours though, being 11 years old i would think

·
Registered
376 Posts
Doesn't really matter, who the heck would ride on 11 year old tires? ;)
lmao I was about to say the same thing....one small burnout and the thing would turn to dust :D

I have a set of Conti Attacks on my 1198 and I really like them. They are about 10 years newer than those tho

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses everyone. I’ve spent an embarrassing amount of time searching the internet trying to satisfy my curiosity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts