Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm talking with TW Suspension Tech in the UK about having a progressive or dual rate spring made and they need the base specs. We've talked about it before but I've only seen non-DVT 1200 spring specs (and they're definitely different).

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
There is a spring calculator program on the web. Measure the full sag length , the free length
( no compression at all) wire diameter, outer diameter of the spring body (not an end coil) and the amount of “ active wire” . Active wire is the amount of coils that are still free when the spring is compressed to full sag. There will be a default value to use when you don’t know the material. Dump all of that into the program and it will tell you the rate.

Reactions: DaveK

·
Registered
175 Posts
This below was given to me from the Ducati importer in Australia.

"The rear shock for a 1200 S 2016 is a Dual rate spring progressive spring. Unloaded it is 106NM spring but with 30mm spring travel it increases to 115NM Spring. Free length is 215mm and fitted its 2019mm. Shock travel length 59.5mm"

I reckon the "2019mm fitted" should be 210mm.
I hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
If you use the spring calculator on a dual rate spring you’ll end up with an average rate .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts