Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Not personally, it's a jolly for the presidents of the various official owners club & their guests.

My mate Martyn, who is the President of the Ducati Owners Club UK (the oldest & biggest official Ducati Owners Club in the world, just thought I'd throw that one in! :D ) has been in the past, and is going to this one. He says it's a fantastic event. If someone invites you, go!

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Yes, did it in 2007 when it tied in with WDW at the end. As Rob998 says if you get an invite - GO! It is absolutely worth it - lots of fun.

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Not personally, but the president of my local club went.. Nice convention with everone from Falappa to Casey was there.

Supposed to be alot of fun.. Besides Ducati picks up the tab. :D

//amullo

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh...so you have to be invited or a club pesident to go. I see.

I thought if you could just pony in the money you could apply to go. They seem to offer other tours but this looked pretty cool because it tied in with some races and you could meet the riders.

My Fiance knows Italy like the back of her hand and speaks Italian so I was going to drag her to Bologna for a bike tour, no draging required really, she loves it there.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
I just wrote up a longer reply, but I've been having trouble with my server for some unk reason so the reply was deleted. I can't log onto the site without numerous attempts and getting on by clicking forums, classified, etc. Seems like Firefox or some other entity is interferring, I don't know. Anyway, I can't afford to go and my wife would have more important things to do in Italy besides yuking it up with Ducatistas for days. I invited others to go in my place at the Presidents Club events at Laguna during the period when I was injured. I don't see any reason why someone can't go in the President's place, acting as a representative for that particular club? I would love to go, especially on the long group ride. Ducati apparently does a good job hospitality wise. Its also dovetailed into a WSBK race. I think you can find info on it through the Ducati.com website. Going to the event is really an inside track with Ducati. At Laguna, my "replacement" had a great time partying with Loris and his wife.

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Not personally, but the president of my local club went.. Nice convention with everone from Falappa to Casey was there.

Supposed to be alot of fun.. Besides Ducati picks up the tab. :D

//amullo
Ummm, not quite you do have to pay, but Ducati must subsidise it heavily as what we paid for the two of us could not have covered the bike hire, accomodation and meals, admission to WDW and various other things get thrown in too - so it is absolutely worth it.

John is also right, I was a club substitute in 2007. Note: I have been a President, but could not go in the year I was meant to go and we substituted someone else that year and I got to go when our President couldn't in 2007 - confused yet??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts