Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pole here
Anyone going to buy a superbike soon... for track Use ONLY
one that is Not going to be on the street as well ...
?

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Keeping my eye out for a very cheap superbike for track duty. I feel guilty converting my 916 every time I wanna go to the track.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
what does very cheap mean in a ducati superbike forum mean?

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
I just bought a track only superbike....:D

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I am looking for an amazing deal on one. I feel kinda confused because I dont think that a ducati is right for the track unless i got alot of money. but i dont want to ride a japanese bike. so that is my dilemma apart from not having any money right now.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sure.... I was racing this 848 ( I sure do miss her) until times got tough here. Sold all the bits now I am balls deep in a 996 and 900SS build....:eek:

and right before it went it to pieces....:(

and now what WE are doing...:D

·
Registered
701 Posts
I just bought an 05 999s from a fellow on this forum...i'm waiting for the bike to get here....super excited...even though this will be my second ducati 999 and i had tracked the previous 999 with street body work...having a full track bike is super exciting...

·
Registered
701 Posts
the funny thing is the bike i got look almost identical to tye's bike except it's a 999s...

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Tye, I'm assuming an 848 would make a better trackday choice in terms of overall performance than a 999 (presumably 999 would be cheaper entry price)? Comments?
Well, older bikes have an advantage... you can get used parts for cheap! So owning a 749/999 will actually cost you a lot less money then owning an 848/1098 in the long-run. I mean, the 848 CAN be a better bike, but I've been very troubled by the stock suspension setup and it really needs a lot of work to be what I'd call "track-ready".

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What would be a good price to get a 1098 that YOU / anyone ... would be happy with ,
that you could only bring on the track ? Track ONLY ... Cant be on the Street
( As in = if i sold you a 1098 from Europe and it was only to hit/ be used on the track / NO road use)

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Well, older bikes have an advantage... you can get used parts for cheap! So owning a 749/999 will actually cost you a lot less money then owning an 848/1098 in the long-run. I mean, the 848 CAN be a better bike, but I've been very troubled by the stock suspension setup and it really needs a lot of work to be what I'd call "track-ready".
OR you could buy a fully race prep'ed one for cheap!!!!!!!!! LOL:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts