Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, here I am responding to my own thread.

Anyway, here's what we got:

Duc ST3 front fender and soon to be installed extender:

Here it is installed on the fender:

Another view:

On the bike:

Close up:

One of the nylon retainer bands' nut froze on the securing screw and ended up rotating within the formed hex config of the band. I ended up cutting the band off the fork stanchion otherwise I'd have gotten no where. A new one is on order as well as a spare. I used 100% GE silicone adhesive caulk to secure the extender to the fender.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
That should have been on there from the factory.

The stock fender is criminally short...

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
If it came with the screws I would suggest using them. BTDT...

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it came with the screws I would suggest using them. BTDT...
If you're referring to mounting the extender no, it didn't come with mounting screws. The manufacturer's recommended method for securing the extender to the fender is to use a silicone adhesive.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
The manufacturer's recommended method for securing the extender to the fender is to use a silicone adhesive.
Interesting. I would have thought maybe epoxy would be a better method.
Maybe that 2-part plastic stuff that's designed for plastics:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DFHSM6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used this stuff on one mirror on an ST2. The head area needed to be repaired (closest to the mirror). This stuff is the bomb for "most" plastics. The repair came out so nice, you cannot tell it was ever broken.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Nice job, Randy - another project that seems to require my attention. :)

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts