Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I too found my oem 999 mirrors impossible. Yea, there r those who say-do the funky chicken or armpit check-its a track bike! Well, i'm a backroad rider and its nice to know whats commin up behind. Found Cycoon mirrors the perfect solution. Many styles, color match almost perfect, good quality. They are at cycoon.com. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
OEM mirrors suck as mirrors. Take 'em off and make it a track bike. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok... Where is a good place to find a set of those?

thanks
I have a set of the DP ones on the 749 and I think there are aftermarket ones that have the same design. The DP set should have the "Ducati Performance" lettering on the mirrors. Here's a DP set on ebay from a Duc dealer in CT http://tinyurl.com/c83hrq

They are adjustable so the rear view can be fine tuned. They are truly functional compared to the stock ones.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the DP ones on eBay allot but they are black and I think would not match my bike very well. Guess I could have them painted like I did with my stock black plastic 996 mirrors.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anybody have the DP mirrors on their bike? Are they a big improvement over stock? Also, can you take them apart so that you can paint them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
1098 mirrors for 999

Besides not enabling you to see what's behind or in your blind spot, the OEM 999 mirror/signal assembly is clunky looking. I looked and searched and measured other mirrors until I found what I think is a functional and aesthetic solution.

Get a set of the actual European 1098 mirrors, NOT the "1098 Style" aftermarket mirrors made to fit on the 999. They have a short arm, much more harmonious with the 999's lines. The European mirrors are slightly convex and enable you to see behind and to the side perfectly - no elbows blocking the view.

Henri at moto-science.com has them.

The installation requires the two smaller bolts for the 1098 mirrors, and a small hole to be drilled in the fairing (which gets covered by the mounting bracket) through which to route the signal wires. Unscrew the forward snap-in pin on the 1098 mirror assembly (it isn't needed) and just position the mounting bracket over the holes, push it in place, get the screw started and tighten it down, route the wires and connect them - you're set. Put the plugs that come with the mirrors in the unused holes and it's done.

I couldn't figure out how to post the pictures of my bike here, so if you want to see them email me and I'll send 'em to you that way.

[email protected]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.