Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More opportunities for bikes seem to be popping up as of late. Probably the weather.

Anyway, I found an 01 Mono in Yellow in Richmond. 1500 miles.

The owner travels quite a bit, so I have been corresponding with a friend of his that is retired and is assisting with the sale.

The owner has 7 bikes, so that explains the mileage. It has been kept in a climate controlled garage on a battery tender.

One owner, no wrecks or tipovers. Has done the fluid changes himself, but the belts still need to be done as they are the originals.

Mods are: gutted exhaust (yeck), ECU adjustment (whatever that means, i thought you needed a new chip), heli bars, a white painted number plate on the front, and the single airbox conversion.

The owner is willing to have a PPI done at my expense at the local Duc dealer.

Anybody in that area that would be willing to take a peek at this bike for me? Allegedy this bike doesn't have a mark on it. However, as I'm sure some of you have read my previous posts, what they tell you isn't always what you get.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You'd be doing yourself and everyone else a favor if you said what state or province ad nwhat country Richmond is in. I personally know of at least 3 US states and 2 provinces that have towns named Richmond. Take care.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
OK, lets play whats my line?

Couldn't guess 1500 miles from his home town because DeputyDog doesn't list his home town.

Couldn't be Richmond, California (just east of SF) because he described the garage as climate controlled. We don't have AC or heat in our garages in the SF bay area.

I think its Richmond Virginia then.

By the looks of the garage and the Vanson leather jacket hanging on the wall, I think the gentleman owner takes care of his toys and has good taste to boot.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
from the pic it looks like Richmond, just west of Sydney Australia, or maybe Richmond, north of Hobart, Tasmnia, Australia.

Mal

·
Super Moderator
8,214 Posts
Alright now..

Settle down with the "Richmond" jokes.

//amullo
Moderator Superbike.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have posted you a link to that bike before...it is Richmond,VA....if I had an extra 4 hours to spare round trip I'd go look at it for you personally...it is listed on the MAD-Ducati site which only MAD members can put a classified up there...I would suppose from the gentleman's postings on the list....it is in reasonably very good condition and not flogged!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
deputydog95 said:
More opportunities for bikes seem to be popping up as of late. Probably the weather.

Anyway, I found an 01 Mono in Yellow in Richmond. 1500 miles.

The owner travels quite a bit, so I have been corresponding with a friend of his that is retired and is assisting with the sale.

The owner has 7 bikes, so that explains the mileage. It has been kept in a climate controlled garage on a battery tender.

One owner, no wrecks or tipovers. Has done the fluid changes himself, but the belts still need to be done as they are the originals.

Mods are: gutted exhaust (yeck), ECU adjustment (whatever that means, i thought you needed a new chip), heli bars, a white painted number plate on the front, and the single airbox conversion.

The owner is willing to have a PPI done at my expense at the local Duc dealer.

Anybody in that area that would be willing to take a peek at this bike for me? Allegedy this bike doesn't have a mark on it. However, as I'm sure some of you have read my previous posts, what they tell you isn't always what you get.

Hey update your profile so we can see where you're at. I'm an hour and a half away from Richmond near DC.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Smart asses :D

Sorry guys, I figured everybody would assume Richmond, VA. But yes, it's in VA.

I'll have to adjust my profile, but I'm in Tampa, FL.

Yes, that's the bike from Mad Duc.

Any chance you could swing by there Grendel when you get some free time? I can PM details if you can do it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
question for you guys though, what does "gutting" the exhaust involve?

also, can the ECU be adjusted without changing the chip?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
deputydog95 said:
question for you guys though, what does "gutting" the exhaust involve?

also, can the ECU be adjusted without changing the chip?
ducatipipemod.com has some examples of what is entailed in gutting or coring the stock pipes...Strati used to do it...not sure if he is at it again or not...but more or less...you drill out the rivets and open up the can and pull out the packing and then reseal the can with new rivets to make a long story short

there are reflashable ECU chips!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I already bought it up a couple months ago, but thanks anyway. I'll keep it in mind for the next one :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts