Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '10 bike (purchased 2nd hand) and came fitted with a MIIV Suono + Decat + PCV + device to lower air intake temps.

The fueling is beautiful with this setup. No stuttering at low RPM, and very nice power all the way up to redline.

While i'm a fan of letting a big twin breathe and the sound it produces, I think i'd rather be on a quiet bike. My neighbors will thank me as well:)

That said, I don't want to risk losing my nice fueling if I go back to stock. I recently had my bike at the dealer for the coolant update, and asked them to check if I had the latest SW (I did) So in theory, the latest SW + my stock cat and exhaust, I should be good to go--correct? I will remove the PCV, and all associated fueling devices. I want to put my bike back to stock.

I have not yet ridden a bone stock bike, so i'm unsure of what to expect.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If you just change the muffler you should have no problems. The stock muffler is a straight through design anyway. I have been running mine with the stock muffler and LV decat for a long while now. I honestly like the stock shotgun design better than anything out there. Except I had everything ceramic coated black.

If you want to add the cat to keep the bike quieter you will have to retune it to keep the same rideability. Just know that it will create a ton of heat and add another 10+lbs to the bike as well.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct, i'm looking to rip out the aftermarket exhaust, decat, and PCV.

I assume If I put my bike back to completely stock, i'll have no fueling issues ?

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
with the stock ECU in place you'll need a pair of Fat Ducs at worse......

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
If you're getting rid of the PC let me know, or if you need stock parts too.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't need stock parts, but from what I can see. I may have available to sell:

- Redline PCV with temp manipulator (from what I read, it's what a Fat Duc does)

- MIVV Suono exhaust with decat

The whole system looks mint!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I don't need stock parts, but from what I can see. I may have available to sell:

- Redline PCV with temp manipulator (from what I read, it's what a Fat Duc does)

Already have a LV mid pipe with Arrow ti can and fat ducs, let me know about the PC even though the bike runs great as is.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Turkish, I think he's looking to go back to the OEM cat system.
Correct, i'm looking to rip out the aftermarket exhaust, decat, and PCV.

I assume If I put my bike back to completely stock, i'll have no fueling issues ?
Ah, I see. As long as you take off the PCV you should be fine. But like others have said a set of fat ducs will definitely help.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If anyone else is looking for a PC-V, I have one I'm not using. It also has the PC-O2 eliminator.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
If anyone else is looking for a PC-V, I have one I'm not using. It also has the PC-O2 eliminator.
Just waiting to hear from Stan, either way PM me with a price if you get a chance. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,446 Posts
Well to get the waiting people (for your sellable stuff) mad , Maybe you should hold onto them till you see if you like the stock set up!!!
You MAY want to go back to the modded set up...

You will always be able to sell it...

I am thesame as you I don't want a TOO LOUD bike, would be nice to have it just a bit louder than stock , with the much less weight and ugly cat gone.
A set of baffles to make it sound good but not too loud...

Sorry buyers:rolleyes:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Stan23, do you have the baffle in the end of the Suono? I have a Mivv decat with a Suono, left the baffle in the can and don't think it's too loud. It is certainly loud without it. I was just wondering if you bought it second hand whether you received the baffle with it. If it does have it in and you think it's too loud, then your solution is best.

·
One Down, 8 to Go
159 Posts
Count me a bit confused. From other threads it looks like adding in baffles robs torque and overall performance. I've been following all these exhaust threads because I wouldn't mind dumping the weight and getting a little more on the torque curve. I have Termi's on the Monster and the 999 and they are loud. Not too obnoxious, but louder than I want on the MTS.

Am I correct that putting in the baffles pulls the performance to below stock, even with an ECU upgrade? If so hard to imagine why you would trade performance for sound, especially in the mid-range.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts

If you end up selling the mivv let me know, i may be very interested in buying it depending on the price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts