Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am still here...with my DB6...

I have been debating selling it lately to get something different but I am still on the fence. It has a lot of accessories and I just put $600 in tires etc. into it. I like riding it but at 6'-0", I can get a bit uncomfortable over long rides.

I have been debating sending the seat off somewhere and having a more comfortable one made as well as investing in Matris upgrades...

The thing handles really well and is a flyweight bike.

I know that they rarely come up for sale and are holding at $12.5K - $14K-ish for stock DB6/6R versions.

Maybe I just need to make more money and buy a second bike...?

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Friends don't let friends buy Bimota's......:eek:

I have only worked on the old ones DB1, DB2,Mantra,DB4 and DB4s as well as a SB6 that is in the shop now. I have to say they are some of the best garage built bikes you will find. Be prepared to drool over some of the little bits but also be prepared to pull your hair out on occasion if you actually ever have to work on them.

If you want exotica they fit the bill just fine somewhere between a high end custom and factory built. Values are not high for now considering what you have. I do enjoy seeing them ... well until you need to work on them. now that I consider it They are now no worse than any Ducati built after 2010 so due to the Vw overlords they are starting to look better all the time.

I think it took 2-3 people to remove the tank/fairing off of that mantra because you had to remove the tube bars then turn them 90 degrees so the tank cover could be slid over them.... good times.

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts