Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well will they be redesigned?It would be nice if Ducati could come out on top again especially with the 749 its way behind the competion hp wise..


im dying over here people :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,235 Posts
RumBuffalo said:
Well will they be redesigned?It would be nice if Ducati could come out on top again especially with the 749 its way behind the competion hp wise..


im dying over here people :p
What competition :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
I remember trying to get information on what was different, if anything, on '06 Dark. I got a different story from everyone, including the dealers. :rolleyes:
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,215 Posts
I´m starting to wonder when the Desmosedici RR is coming.

They promised it by WDW2006, but that is cancelled..

It would be nice to see the 749 upgraded and the Hypermotard come out for 2007. But even the 999R is behind the curve in HP compared to the japanese I4 bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Do you means the Desmosedici is cancelled or WDW2006? Hope its not the latter as I planned on going..
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,215 Posts
st2lemans said:
WDW 2006 is cancelled.

Tom

It is unfortunatly true..
And i was planning on going aswell. :mad: :(
 

·
Chilehead
Joined
·
6,982 Posts
amullo said:
And i was planning on going aswell. :mad: :(
Were you planning on going by bike? It's a pretty boring ride through Germany and Denmark. I've done it by car (Switzerland-Sweden), flat and straight the whole way.

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,545 Posts
C'mon guys, we don't ride these things because they have the most hp. On the street, where I actually ride, it's pretty irrelevant to me when an R1 has a HP advantage over my 998. Who cares? They're both great bikes. I just happen to like my Duc because of how it does, what it does.

bruce19
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
bruce19 said:
C'mon guys, we don't ride these things because they have the most hp. On the street, where I actually ride, it's pretty irrelevant to me when an R1 has a HP advantage over my 998. Who cares? They're both great bikes. I just happen to like my Duc because of how it does, what it does.

bruce19
Exactly. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
bruce19 said:
C'mon guys, we don't ride these things because they have the most hp. On the street, where I actually ride, it's pretty irrelevant to me when an R1 has a HP advantage over my 998. Who cares? They're both great bikes. I just happen to like my Duc because of how it does, what it does.

bruce19
One of the reasons I went from my 996 to the 999 was horsepower, not much more but nevertheless more of it! :). My point is, I want as much horsepower as it is feasibly available... and there are production bikes around (ie. R1) that let us know that there's horsepower available...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,751 Posts
bruce19 said:
C'mon guys, we don't ride these things because they have the most hp. On the street, where I actually ride, it's pretty irrelevant to me when an R1 has a HP advantage over my 998. Who cares? They're both great bikes. I just happen to like my Duc because of how it does, what it does.

bruce19
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay agreed!....that is why some folks who own 2 valvers and 4 valvers say that the 2 valvers are better for the street...the usability!....because bikes are meant to be ridden!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
hmmm... something's crazy here... 2 valvers have even less HP than the 4 valvers... so then less HP is better for the street? Just kidding...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,545 Posts
WYDuc said:
hmmm... something's crazy here... 2 valvers have even less HP than the 4 valvers... so then less HP is better for the street? Just kidding...
Sometimes.

bruce19
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,557 Posts
Ducati HP

Anyone who bemoans the lack of Ducati peak HP versus the Japanese competitors is either a very good rider (able to extract that last bit of track speed) or just doesn't understand the performance of a twin-cylinder bike.

Barring repealing the laws of physics, a twin will never make the same peak HP as a 4-cylinder; it won't rev as high due to limitations in engine piston speed imposed by the stroke length.

If you really want that peak HP, buy a 4-cylinder bike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
Hp

I've about had it with the horse power talk. 9 times out of 10 the wear line on the tires, on any bike, is pathetic. by that i mean the bike is riden in a strait line. go get a vespa if that's how you're going to ride.
i'm on a 748 for now, in a month an 855, and as it stands i find the bike out performs me and in the twisties i'll lead the 120hp bikes no problem (rider is the issue...not that i'm very good). i know good and well 140hp+ is waaaaaaaay to much for the common folk. smash that gsx-r throttle in a close lean and see how forgiving it is.
and 17k rpm (r6) is good driving in which city? ooooooohh the staite highway for passing cars. vespa!

why buy into that HP nonsense? a modded maita will beat out many folks in their M3's, Corvettes, etc. 200hp vs. 450hp who'd uh thunk it.

sorry i ranted...this comment is directed to no one in particular.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
While everybody is talking hp, I see no mention of torque. It is in fact the high torque delivered at low revs that makes riding the 2 valvers on the street so nice - this is also the reason why Ducatis in general stand head and sholders above their Japanese 4 cylinder competitors when I comes to drivability out of turns, etc.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,215 Posts
st2lemans said:
Were you planning on going by bike? It's a pretty boring ride through Germany and Denmark. I've done it by car (Switzerland-Sweden), flat and straight the whole way.

Tom
I was going to go with the Duc.

Trailer it through Sweden, ride to Hamburg, Autozug from Hamburg-München (car-train) and ride from there down to WDW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,545 Posts
gorma900 said:
While everybody is talking hp, I see no mention of torque. It is in fact the high torque delivered at low revs that makes riding the 2 valvers on the street so nice - this is also the reason why Ducatis in general stand head and sholders above their Japanese 4 cylinder competitors when I comes to drivability out of turns, etc.
This is exactly what I was referring to when I said we buy Ducati's for "...how they do, what they do." I've taken most corners on the street as fast on my SS/SP as I can on my 998. The street is all about the limitations imposed by the road environment. I really own the 998 because circumstances allowed me a second bike and I love to look at it.

bruce19
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top