Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Having some issues starting my 06 SC. It just hesitates to start after replacing a bunch of things. :confused:

Recap:

Rectifier got fried and killed off the battery. Soo, I replaced the battery, rectifier (Mosfet), and the stator (generator). The bike will run fine only if I give it some gas and then slowly let go of the throttle until it runs on it's own.

Here's a video of what's going on:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/00P98znsjZ9xtG0-zUdcM5NIg

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
A PITA! I don't know, maybe fuel starvation? You may have to get it to a Dealer. See what other guys on here think.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
You could try checking the tps baseline, which is not so obvious on the linear tps bikes. Bike boy has a reference to doing it on the sc.

Have you had it on a diagnostic tool to see what the ecu thinks is happening? Might be something there that’s obvious.

Try a tps reset?

Get it running, and with the idle control valve hose from the air box pulled off stick a compressed air hose it it and give it a squirt. Could spray some carb cleaner in it beforehand to loosen any stuff in there. Or, with it running, disconnect the idle control valve and then switch it off. Plug the valve back in, turn it back on, restart and clear the fault if it’s still there.

·
Registered
298 Posts
simple start:
Check the charging system, what is the voltage at idle? what is the voltage at 3k RPM?

I would work the problem from there, it could be fuel related also but I would start at the charging system. Next suspect would be the flywheel pickup.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Try a tps reset?
Yep! The Fuel Injection will NOT function correctly if the throttle sensor position isn't calibrated correctly. Free software is available online, you'll need to purchase an OBDII (?) adapter to connect to your ECU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts