Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting closer to a possibility on one with only 262 Kms. Dry heated storage entire life. It ran last fall shortly.

Book says $7000-$9000 CDN I might be able to get it for $7000-$6500 with fluids belts plugs done. Then take it for a good spin to see if she's somewhat reliable. Might still need to get tires though...

Plus it's a yellow one. Not my first choice as I have a yellow SF already but it's so clean.

Just wants to confirm if any warranty recalls at all on this bike?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
312 Posts
There were some depending on the VIN. Some ECU updates, some had voltage regulator recalls etc. If you give me the VIN I can check if there's any outstanding recalls/bulletins on it.

·
Registered
332 Posts
It's getting to game time for this bike. It's getting tuned up tomorrow. No new belts or rubber, hmmm. He wants $7800 CDN. Again only 226 Kms on it!

Should I do it?

A great opportunity is here, potentially. An 08' 1098 (not an S or R) with only 226kms is for sale privately.

Its at a authorized Ducati dealer getting serviced now. They changed all the fluids and started it. One cylinder fired the other not so much. Could be as a result of old gas resulting in dirty injectors but hopefully it's nothing serious.

He wants $7800 (bottom value of what the book says) and I think I can get him down to 7000-7200. I feel I need to get it for that price point because, yes it has been stored indoors all this time and had been sparingly ridden each of the last two falls but I feel there is risk involved here. It hasn't been properly broken in and I worry about the seals in forks, engine casings, etc... Tires are in brand new shape so that tells me the belts in the motor should be ok as well.

It's in mint shape, is all stock, and is yellow (not my first choice in colour). It's a heck of a deal if it ends up breaking in properly.

Thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts