Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The race sort of slipped my mind but I googled and searched our forum and all I can find is the pre race article about Eagan and his modded 1098.

Is it all top secret? I mean if you write an article about how you drove fromm NYC to LA in under 35 hours to the black helicopters come for you/

Cheers

Chris

·
Still needs a life.
12,598 Posts
The run was canceled due to the sponsor backing out. There is probably more to the story but that is all I know.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would explain it. I wonder if I can sue someone for making me lust for a bagged 1098S in black?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
824 Posts
You mean like this?.................

That would explain it. I wonder if I can sue someone for making me lust for a bagged 1098S in black?

Cheers

Chris
I talked to Gary Egan at Indy last year & the organizer backed out at the last minute after threats from law enforcement. Really pissed off a bunch of people that invested a bunch of $$$$$$$ in thier equipment. They were mostly pissed at the organizer for not having more balls.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still feel like throwing a temper tantrum! I would love to cost out one of those bag/fuel tanks. I wonder how it is plumbed. I saw other pics that had some lines coming out the bottom. I guess the bottom ones were feed and the top were vent? Or maybe there is an integral fuel pump in each cell?

Now I am not greedy, I would only need one bag/fuel cell. I am thinking about putting a gas can in the AWAC trunk and transfer fuel via a hand pump somehow. I sooo want to run to the ground my buddy and his 8+ gallon tank. I only need about two gallons to do it as I get much better mileag than he.

Cheers

Chris

Just need to find the guy who rode his 1098S once scared himself and just wants to get rid of it......

·
Registered
824 Posts
All you need is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I believe the 1098 was put together by Ducati Toronto.

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Too bad it was cancelled.. Maybe Bullrun or Gumball instead?
I know there was a BMW R1150GS in the Gumball a few years back.

//amullo

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I remember it being modified for the bags by the guys up in Toronto but I believe the fuel cell was made by a firm in Oregon which does work for NASCAR and others. Yeah it is only $$$$ but what price one's dream?

Cheers

Chris

·
Still needs a life.
12,598 Posts
Yes, I remember it being modified for the bags by the guys up in Toronto but I believe the fuel cell was made by a firm in Oregon which does work for NASCAR and others. Yeah it is only $$$$ but what price one's dream?

Cheers

Chris
I think the fuel cell was made by the same firm which exhibits at the Seattle stop of the annual motorcycle show. They also make fuel cells for the motorcycles of Iron Butt riders. Those fuel cells must confirm to standards put forth by the association which runs the Iron Butt.

·
Trackday Junkie
1,374 Posts
If you guys are into this, you *really* need to pick up a book called The Driver, by Alex Roy. I don't read (relatively) big books much, but I couldn't put this one down.

It's the true story of how Alex Roy breaks the record of going from NYC to LA. Many attempts, film crews, back stories, all sorts of stuff.

Seriously, it was a fantastic book, highly recommend it.

Price

1 - 11 of 11 Posts