Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2nd 900SS a while back to swap out a bunch of parts from it to my 96 900SS that I've had for a while.

One of those parts is an Ohlins steering damper, with one end mounted to the left fork leg and the other end to the frame. Well, much to my surprise, it appears that to remove the mounting ring from the fork leg, I'm going to have to un-ass the fork leg and drop it all the way down to get that ring off of there. The split the frame mounting ring in half and used 2 clamping bolts, but apparently they couldn't do that on the other end! It just has one split and a pinch bolt type arrangement.

Anyway, anyone figured out a way to get around dropping the fork leg? If so, I'd love to know since I'll be doing it on both bikes. Or maybe when I get it off I'll just sell it out of spite. Don't think I need it anyway.

Thanks!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Take off the steering stem nut, loosen the upper triple pinch bolts and take off the upper triple clamp. Loosen the pinch bolts for the handlebar on the damper clamp side, and you should be clear to take the clamp off.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
See if Street and Competition has a mount that will work for you. If so cut the old one off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts