Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Ive been having problem after problem with my Ducati 1098, constant starting problems. And as of the last time it ran, it also started stalling at when stopped/at idle. I have a brand new battery, installed brand new MOSFET regulator, new wires, checked around for loose wires/grounds, found nothing. I think it might be the starter clutch (Which was just replaced ~100 miles ago but that's all I can think of)

I was going to take it to Duc Pond Motorsports but they are so booked they wouldnt get to it til the fall. Koupes cycle in harrisburg worked on it the last 3 times (one for 15k service, next 2 times for the starting issue) and all I got were massive bills, nothing fixed and a new stalling problem.

Does anyone have a recommendation on shops or Ducati Gurus I could take this lemon to?

·
Premium Member
4,332 Posts
Kissell in Tyrone... they used to be a Ducati dealer and still have a Duc. "Master Mechanic" (whatever that means) that I trust - he does good work, I have closer Duc dealers but I ride there for service from NY.

They also have the electronics required to service newer Duc's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kissell in Tyrone... they used to be a Ducati dealer and still have a Duc. "Master Mechanic" (whatever that means) that I trust - he does good work, I have closer Duc dealers but I ride there for service from NY.

They also have the electronics required to service newer Duc's.
I appreciate it sir! Thats about 2.5 hours from me, not too bad I will check him them out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Whalen Performance... He has worked on my bike in the past. He used to be a mechanic for Ferracci prior to it closing, does his own shop now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts