Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
trying to sell my '01 900ss i.e. in salt lake city. great price, $3500 12k miles. I am selling to pay for my firefighting certs

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kaysville.. Another hyper..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Canyon Rim area for me. Anybody doing the Apex day on Labor day? Also Salt Lake Motorsports is sponsoring a Ducati-day in October.

Two Multistrada's, selling a 900SS/CR and picking up an 848.

dp

·
Registered
28 Posts
Newbie to SLC

Just moved here last week. Currently living in Ogden for a few months then moving closer to dt. Hoping to find a few people to ride with...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Slc

I travel out there alot, and I LOVE that area. You guys that live there really are lucky. Very cool place

·
Registered
28 Posts
MMS Track Day

I would love to but I have a wedding that weekend back on the east coast. :mad:

In San Diego, we had a great Ducati Club that was very active. DOCSD had social meets every other week and organized rides every Sunday morning. I was hoping there was at least a group of riders to join for casual street/canyon rides.

I stopped by SLMS but I was pretty disappointed by the info they provided. No groups, no organizations, no rides... they said to call on Saturdays to see if any employees will be riding on Sunday.

With all these great roads, surely there is more going on here than I am finding. If you guys have any pointers at all, please let me know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I stopped by SLMS but I was pretty disappointed by the info they provided. No groups, no organizations, no rides... they said to call on Saturdays to see if any employees will be riding on Sunday.

With all these great roads, surely there is more going on here than I am finding. If you guys have any pointers at all, please let me know.
I think most locals have a bad taste in their mouthes about group rides. The Utah Sportbike Association used to do weekly group rides that turned into rolling carnage-fests where it was rare to not have someone crash, there were even occasional high-speed police chases (no, I'm not making this up), so group fun rides tend to scare most people away.

That said, their is a weekly two-wheel tuesday in SLC where you can get connected with other riders and arrange your own fun rides.

EVENTS CALENDAR - Utah SportBike Association - UTAHSBA

dp

·
Registered
285 Posts
My ST4 and I will be at Torrey, Thursday through Sunday with the Beemer group. Lot's of bikes, lots of long rides through Capitol Reef.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think most locals have a bad taste in their mouthes about group rides. The Utah Sportbike Association used to do weekly group rides that turned into rolling carnage-fests where it was rare to not have someone crash, there were even occasional high-speed police chases (no, I'm not making this up), so group fun rides tend to scare most people away.

dp
I hate to hear that. The Ducati Owners Club rode with a pretty large amount of respect for each other, group safety, and the law. Don't get me wrong, of course we were speeding on canyon roads occasionally, but nothing as bad crashing each other and running from the cops. All it takes is a few bad apples to ruin the fun.

As stuck-up as it sounds, that's what you get from a group who rides expensive bikes. Respect is inherent because no one wants to crash their baby.

I appreciate all the suggestions, looks like I literally just missed the last 2-wheel Tuesday of the year. Bummer.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just got an 03 999s. Live in Draper. Do we have any good Ducati mechanics in the area? I went to SLCMS and they seemed rude as hell.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just got an 03 999s. Live in Draper. Do we have any good Ducati mechanics in the area? I went to SLCMS and they seemed rude as hell.
Yeah, they can come across that way, they are just really, really low-key. But they have the best Ducati mechanics I've ever seen. Even Michael Jordan insists that only Salt Lake Motorsports work on his bikes.

But a lot of folks have a hard time the first time they go in there, but it's actually an extremely friendly shop that usually has customers hanging around bullshitting and talking bikes.

dp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apologies from Salt Lake Motorsports

My name is Ricardo and I work at Salt Lake Motorsports, and I would like to apologize if we gave you the wrong impression about our shop.
We definitely want to provide the best service to our customers and don’t want to make anybody feel unwelcome in our shop.
Please stop by and have a coffee with us.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My name is Ricardo and I work at Salt Lake Motorsports, and I would like to apologize if we gave you the wrong impression about our shop.
We definitely want to provide the best service to our customers and don’t want to make anybody feel unwelcome in our shop.
Please stop by and have a coffee with us.
See, SLMS Rocks!! :D

dp

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks dp and Ricardo. I will come back in and get that coffee. :) Good to know about the quality of the mechanics. It seems I will be in need of their service with an electrical issue on my 999.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts