Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of blending in as much CB as I can w/o making it look bad..... any quality pics out there of a yellow duck w/ carbon fiber pieces?

or

would it be better in your opinions to stick to mostly yellow?

if I do go some CB it would be the airbox covers, front wheel cover, and small stuff... maybe next yr i'll re do the entire bike CB...

(and this is mostly for looks)

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Take a look on the web.. there are afew very nice yellow 748´s.

I´d take the first step with carbon frontfender, airrunners and airbox.
Then the "small bits" like swingarm cover, scratchpad for tank and heelguards aswell as instrument/headlight holder..

//amullo

·
Registered
120 Posts
Here are the carbon pieces I have on my 748. Air runners, heel guards, chainguard, radiator oil cooler thingy, tail pipes, key/belt guard (the one that runs from the back to the front of the tank). That is all the carbon I want. I know the carbon fiber airbox saves a lot in weight, but I don't care for the look of black in the middle of the bike. However, everybody's opinion of how much is too much is different. Sorry I don't have any pics. I am at work. I'll try to post one tonight

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, sounds good, otherwise, i'm just gonna paint the bike red...

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
ducati955 said:
cool, sounds good, otherwise, i'm just gonna paint the bike red...

Remember RED is the fastest color!

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
Hey Level thats plagiarism...I could sue over it! Too damn funny though.... :yeah:

RED will always be the fastest color, I am truly sorry you got stuck with a slower bike!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Heres some pics of CF air intake covers, guage cover, front fender, swing arm cover, radiator cover, heel guards, clutch cover, swing arm cover, chain guard, tank guard, exhuast heat shield, front sprocket cover and the carbon Termi's on my yellow 998. Throw in some black DZUS, black fairing, windscreen and gas cap screws, some black number plates, black out the kickstand and now my wife says it looks like a bumblebee!!!

Sorry about the quality, pics taken with a crappy cell phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Synergy said:
Hey Level thats plagiarism...I could sue over it! Too damn funny though.... :yeah:

RED will always be the fastest color, I am truly sorry you got stuck with a slower bike!
The bike is fast, I'm the one that's slow :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looks good man, i wish i could have one red n a yellow

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
ducati955 said:
I'm thinking of blending in as much CB as I can w/o making it look bad..... any quality pics out there of a yellow duck w/ carbon fiber pieces?

or

would it be better in your opinions to stick to mostly yellow?

if I do go some CB it would be the airbox covers, front wheel cover, and small stuff... maybe next yr i'll re do the entire bike CB...

(and this is mostly for looks)
Dude, my 748 has some carbon on it. Open the Superbike Picture Thread...mine is the first post.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats really nice....... i'll def hook it up a little, where did u get those front blinkers from?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I found these turn signals at a shop, so i grabed them, and to space them out a little bit i used 2 rubber washers.They will fit close to fairing W/O washers but will not hit.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
998Y said:
I found these turn signals at a shop, so i grabed them, and to space them out a little bit i used 2 rubber washers.They will fit close to fairing W/O washers but will not hit.

you remeber the brand name?

·
Registered
250 Posts
It has been a long time sincei bought them, I dont remember the brand name.
They are aluminum bodied and clear lens, Yellow LEDs ( Hella Brite ).Ill check tomorrow at the store i bought them at, and hpe they still sell them.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Red and Yellow...word

The Red 996 has a CF front fender, Termis and Chin Piece, the Yellow (and faster) 998 just has Termis, and CF belly pan. I think the yellow bikes really do pull off the all yellow look better than an all red bike.

Oscar

1 - 19 of 19 Posts