Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory throttle is too sensitive on initial opening and I am looking for something to slow the opening rate a little to keep me out of the trunk of the car in front of me. This is a problem when riding in traffic mostly.

What product did you use, how well did it work, and what did it cost?

Rod

·
Registered
807 Posts
On my Fighter I installed throttle tube with a progressive cam. It was just perfect in every situation.

I just sold it now that I have DbW.

Olivier
[Ducati 1199, Vespa S150]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my Fighter I installed throttle tube with a progressive cam. It was just perfect in every situation.

I just sold it now that I have DbW.

Olivier
[Ducati 1199, Vespa S150]
Thanks for the info Olivier, I'll get one.

re: the list of bikes. I inserted them to impress the youngsters on the list, obviously you must be an old fart like me. :D

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
I cant say for sure about the heated grips, maybe someone else cant chime in on that? The stock grips or any standard aftermarket should fit right up. Damn nice unit.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Mine, I think, was the one sold by either Ducshop or Kyle Racing. The original grips fit fine but who wants to suffer those? Get some Pro Grip dual compound. Both, the Ducati GP and WSBK teams are using those and I tell you, it saves your bones, teeth fillings and give you incredible front-end feel.

----
Yep, every time you turn this app off, it resets the signature to it's self-promoting default.

Until this stops, I will make an effort of changing it to let everyone know. Please send feedback through the App Store.

Olivier

·
Registered
57 Posts
Carved the cam with a razor knife

I carved my own milder cam profile in about 15 minutes. Worked great to slow the response just off idle. It is a little easier on the clutch too I presume.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have the G2 unit on my 99 st4 and other then the LSR bar kit it is the best improvment for the $$ i've spent making the bike fit me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Details Bob, details. :)
Nothing too detailed to pass along jduke.

I just spotted where the cable tracked over the cam from the side of the throttle tube. I traced a line on the side of it at a deeper depth with a black marker. This effectively reduced the distance from the tube center to where the cable contacted the new surface of the now deeper valley I carved into the plastic tube for the cable to lay into.

I only carved material away to effect the beginning of throttle rotation just off idle. I verified how far I would crack the throttle open to start off from a stop and I carved a bit more than that away. Just use a sharp Exacto knife and do not rush it or cut too deeply. Just make the cable path deeper.

Sorry no pictures. I'll snap a few this weekend and try to meaure the new depth of the cable path over the tube cam.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1353307099.893460.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1353307114.544124.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1353307130.948334.jpg
I installed the G2. I was hesitant, simply because part of the riding experience is getting to know the quirks of the bike but I have to admit, I love it. It would be fairly easy to replicate on the stock unit with a Dremel, but the quality is really top notch.

BTW, check out the instructions
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1353307528.916762.jpg
The combination of reduced arc and a longer and deeper slot for the cable does require a slight adjustment to take up slack but even then it's a 10 minute install. If you need a mechanic for this you probably shouldn't be driving a car much less riding a bike

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts