Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was up 49 doing my normal run with some buddies 193 to 49 to salmon falls run and came across two groups of ducati riders... Just wondering if any of you were up there? There was probably 20 ducati's total. It looks like they were going up to Georgetown.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
I was up 49 doing my normal run with some buddies 193 to 49 to salmon falls run and came across two groups of ducati riders... Just wondering if any of you were up there? There was probably 20 ducati's total. It looks like they were going up to Georgetown.
We had a group ride with a total of 8 Ducatis, 4 riders met us in Georgetown while our 4 person group met at 50 and El Dorado Hills Blvd. We took Salmon Falls to 49 to 193 to Georgetown to meet the other group. From there we all did Wentworth Springs. At the stop sign we split up again with half the group heading to 50 and back while we u-turned and went back the way we came in. My whole goal was to ride mellow and avoid the heat of the day and traffic. We almost succeeded until we got behind two super slow moving trucks on Salmon Falls. For being 105-108 out, it wasn't too bad if I kept moving. I also wore a mesh jacket and leather perforated pants without the long johns. I wish my helmet had a few more air holes. All in all it was a great ride and I posted pictures of same in the Ducati Chat section. My only "injury" due to heat was a big red patch on my right calf from the vertical exhaust pipe heat. Having the long johns on usually acts as an insulator. I'm gonna get some exhaust wrap from Motowheels and fix that problem muy pronto.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
John,

Thanks for organizing the ride. It was really nice seeing everyone again and meeting a few new faces. The bikes on the ride were incredible. It was like a rolling bike show.

I think we got home just in time too. I took the kids to go see "Tranformers" afterwards. It was cooking outside after the movie finished.

-M

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
You ain't kiddin about getting back just in time. It was like a rolling bike show. Both Brian and I were tired in the morning, but felt great after the ride, pumped up actually. It was a big ride for him and kind of for me too. The adjustments he made on my rear sets and seating the night before paid off. I adjusted them even more later in the day. I wish I could have posted up more pictures of your Street Fighter and feature some of the cool mods you made to it. One picture doesn't do it justice. The exhaust system is and sounds cool and I really like the bar end turn signals. I wasn't that hyped up over the bike when I saw the stock version, but with the changes you made to it, all I can say is WOW. BTW, it has a very nice look to it on the road, hard to explain but it looks like it's name out there in the "jungle". Thanks for coming along and did the kids like Transformers, better yet, what did you think of it?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
did the kids like Transformers, better yet, what did you think of it?
I fell asleep when Megan Fox wasn't on the screen...:) I think I got up to early for the ride...

The first movie was better, but I think the kids liked all the action. It had some funny scenes too.

-M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts