Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first saw it about 3 months ago (just photos of course, not live) I immediately liked it. But since then all I heard was that survey published by Ducati at www.ducati.com asking how we'd prefer it to be etc.

Any update on this ? WIll it find it's way to the production run after all ?

:confused:

Doc

·
Registered
34 Posts
They are coming out with it... I'm hearing a late winter, coming out as a 2007 model. Prices is going to be in the lower teens, like $11,995-$12,995. But who really knows... this is Ducati afterwards. But I've taken deposits on them already. I have three already...

Anyone wants to be #4????

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I want to wait to here something official from Ducati before I put a deposit!!!....I know the word has circulated through the dealer network that they are fully intending to make it....but when?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Doc said:
When I first saw it about 3 months ago (just photos of course, not live) I immediately liked it. But since then all I heard was that survey published by Ducati at www.ducati.com asking how we'd prefer it to be etc.

Any update on this ? WIll it find it's way to the production run after all ?

:confused:

Doc
...And I at first also liked the look of it and I also own a 1000ds Multistrada so when I started to think about the H/motard I realised that the MS is a far more versatile bike including the benefit of having some sort of fairing. I've toured on my Multi and it really is like a big motorscooter around town.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think that we won't get an official announcement until September.

Until we get a chance to see an actual production version, I don't know how practical the Hyper'tard will be. It might have passenger pegs. There might be a place to add a clear windscreen. There might be the chance of using it as a light touring bike. Or it might be a monoposto play bike with no practicality at all.

·
Administrator
6,335 Posts
Depends on your perspective

Monoposto unpractical?

Not in my case, I take ZERO passengers EVER.
In my ideology, that is VERY oractical.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IMHO if it turns out to be a 1000cc 2V Super-Duper-Hyper Motard bike with ~100Hp and ~170-180kg then I'm sold for it already :D.

If they make it monoposto (on top of the above), then I must start saving :D.

Doc

·
Super Moderator
8,267 Posts
The Hypermotard will be offered as 2007 year model.

Engine is 1000DS with 620 to follow

Most probably there will not be any big modifications made to the design.
Magnesium enginecomponents will probably NOT be offered as standard
Slipperclutch WILL probably come standard.

Lets just say that the info comes from a VERY reliable source.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts