Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about what this "club" is doing? No meetings, no posts to this or the other Ducati Owners of Saint Louis lists. No one wants to ride. Sad state of affairs. Can't seem to get itself started or moving.

Fred

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
I feel your pain Bro. Move out here to Northern California and go riding with us.

But you could get something started. In order to get Ducati people off the couch and on their bikes takes a cheerleader attitude. Then you have to take charge and post up when and where information. A good place to start is putting together a monthy casual dinner, that works really well. Use this website as your communication vehicle, thats what I do eventhough I formed my own Ducati Italy club.

Good luck, it will happen. BTW, you can go to Ducati.com and search under clubs and that section will tell you who has a legit Ducati club in your area.

·
Gateway Moderator
107 Posts
Fred-
I can't tell you how much time I've spent trying to work on things for this club, only out of a desire to help. I had been posting regularly to the email list to get people together to ride and meet up. The last three or four times, nothing came about, and I was lucky to get even a single response. I follow every thread and post in almost every one on this forum as well. Please take a leadership role in the club and help get things going...

John-
This the "legit" club in our area, there are no others. I was just started at the end of last year, but we have very little serious interest so far.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Fred-
I can't tell you how much time I've spent trying to work on things for this club, only out of a desire to help. I had been posting regularly to the email list to get people together to ride and meet up. The last three or four times, nothing came about, and I was lucky to get even a single response. I follow every thread and post in almost every one on this forum as well. Please take a leadership role in the club and help get things going...

John-
This the "legit" club in our area, there are no others. I was just started at the end of last year, but we have very little serious interest so far.
Thats strange. How are the Ducati numbers there, dealer or two in the area?

·
Gateway Moderator
107 Posts
Thats strange. How are the Ducati numbers there, dealer or two in the area?
Indeed it is. The numbers are lower in the midwest, I think. Plus we have a single dealership that everyone agrees is terrible. They have no interest in working with us, and usually try to steer prospective Ducati buyers toward other bikes. Saint Louis can be a sad place for Ducatisti...

So, we've been trying to work off of word of mouth, but without membership its slow going. I built a website, that is now getting some traffic and new members, so we need to work on getting people together.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
So, is Chesterfield Powersports officially out of the Ducati business, now? I don't get out that way very often, but the last time I stopped in there (probably two years ago), I was told by one of the sales guys that they didn't move enough Ducatis and may have to give up the brand. Some sales tactic, eh?

I feel your pain on the remaining dealership woes. I have one 10 minutes from me, but will probably end up loading my bike up and driving the 3+ hours to Letko in KC, KS for my next service. Ducati is a distant 2nd- or 3rd-string brand for my local shop. If I had a Victory, though...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any news . . .

greetings desmo2,

Chesterfield Powersports is indeed out of the Ducati dealer picture, two years now? We have an independent shop run by a guy who has Ducatis, maybe Ducati owners are too independent to club up. I do my own service on my '96 SS, and we have the No-Mar tire changing company right here in town, who mount new tires as a public service. Dealers see group rides as a liability issue I think.
I was a member of the BMW club for years, they like to ride. I put 75,000 miles on a R75/6 in nine years. The Honda Sport Touring Association rides alot here in Saint Louis. I have posted for people to join me on rides, but no takers.
I ride every weekend, one day or the other. Ducati riders can post a reply here.

Fred

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi guys, Are there any meetings planned? I have yet to meet anyone. Unfortunately, I travel alot for work. My 5 week contract in DC has been extended to 3 months. I havent ridden since March. I am going nuts! Hopefully I will be home early June. When I am home I am off so I ride almost every day. I am free to attend any meeting as long as I am in town.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi
this is Vito I agree with you
do you want to ride tomorow? I can meet you somewhere. I live in south county. Call me - 314 6509294

·
Registered
266 Posts
I recently joined the club but have not had any communications from anyone.
I am ride tomorow ? If you want ride call me 314-6509294
Thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
Fred
It was nice to go riding with you.
I had a very good time. Sorry,the other rider didnt come with us.
Maybe next weekend there will be more riders if we have good weather
Anyway, it was nice to meet you. Keep in touch, afterall we all live in the same town and not to far from each other.

Regards, Vito

·
Gateway Moderator
107 Posts
I'll ride with you guys this next weekend!

Did you guys get the email Ernie sent out this morning? Hopefully his communications are getting out to everyone.

I recently joined the club but have not had any communications from anyone.
Vito, I emailed you, and you replied, after you joined via the website. However, I agree that the communication may not have been great the last couple of months.

-Chris

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dear Ducati Enthusiast,
Your registration process has been completed successfully.
Your Welcome Kit request has been forwarded to your DOC President.

:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry Guys I have been slacking. A long ass week up in KC for Specialized Weapons Tactics at the end of April. Then back to working midnights, so I sleep all day. All this week I am training with County then heading to Springfield/Banson for a long weekend.

Good news is I'll be on evenings and days for the next 6 weeks starting this sunday, and I got the club register all done. My personal email is [email protected] if anyone wants to contact me for impromptu rides.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Week-long SWAT schools can definitely drive your dick into the dirt. We had a combined training for two days last week with three departments, doing repeated man down drills. I was smoked! We have another 2-day multi-agency training scheduled for September at Ft. Leonardwood, and then in October all four of our teams get together for a week long training at Ft. Wood.

Should be a ball, but I plan on bringing lots of Alleve and Heet.

·
Gateway Moderator
107 Posts
I've updated to website to encourage people to communicate through the email list and this forum in order to get together and ride. Hopefully it helps...

Also, we've gotten a couple new memberships the past few days through the site.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi all Ducati riders

I am working this saturday so
I will ride this sunday morning call me 314 6509294

1 - 20 of 27 Posts