Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ciao all,

I am hoping someone here has a 1260 Multi with the tire (tyre) pressure sensors installed? if yes, what is the user experience in setting them up, and syncing them with the dash?

ciao,
John

·
Registered
577 Posts
I do. It is a dealer installed option, you cannot perform the setup/sync without a DDS. The tire pressure settings don't even show up in the dash menus without a DDS code flash.

·
Registered
577 Posts
As best I've been able to determine, it's Bar only. FYI, and I don't know how much to put in this because I was told conflicting info when I bought the bike: The TPMS system was not really designed to be sold in the USA. There is no kit available in the NA market, you have to order the individual pieces separately. On top of the price for parts, the labor is ~ 2 hours, because it requires installation of an ECU module, as well as the sensors themselves, which are embedded in the valve stems. A Garmin Zumo w/ two tire pressure sensing caps would be cheaper, let alone some of the dedicated systems. And, since the dash displays tire pressure in the same area of the screen that is crammed with everything else selectable via the menu switches, you won't be able to see them constantly, unless you are willing to sacrifice Trip/MPG/air temp/etc. for the privilege.

If it sounds like I'm not impressed, that's true, sort of. I was getting ready to leave for a long ride last Thursday, started the bike, and immediately got a low tire pressure warning on the dash, similar to the kickstand message. The system is overpriced, but having the bike tell me I've got a low tire before I left the garage was very nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts