Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace my stock 2002 ST4S front springs which are pathetic. While doing research, I came across some Suzuki SV websites among others that speak well of Sonic Springs:

http://www.sonicsprings.com/catalog/

When I contacted Sonic they seemed to have what I needed at a lower cost than other brands you typically hear about:

We have the correct size for the ST4 in stock. Our springs are made out of
ASTM-A1000 chrome silicon steel, precision wound, heat treated, pre-set
and shot peened. Basically the same materials and processing as all the
better spring brands (Race-Tech, Traxxion, Eibach, Ohlins...).

Anyone ever buy and use the Sonic Springs that can let me know their experience with them? I am about 235 lbs. and intend to continue to use the bike for commuting and canyon riding. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FWIW, I've had sonic fork springs in both my current and last SV and am very happy with them, great company and product.
But the SV has a front end with all the rigidity of a wet noodle, minimal dampening and comes sprung for a 125lb rider, so handling my 250lb bulk is a serious problem.
But thats a problem I've never had with the front end on either my ST2 or 900 monster, so I'm kind of wondering why you'd need springs on an S model ??

Just my $.02
Cheers, YV

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I don't know about the sonic springs but I do know that the proper spring for your weight is key. NCRick @ Cogent Dynamics set up my fork with racetech springs and gold valves, this is the best performance mod that I ever made to my bike.
I would do springs and gold valves at the same time while you have it apart. This will make your nice stock fork even better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts