Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Spies already has the contract waiting for the "factory" position on the Tech 3 team, which is Edwards position.

Based on his performance in WSBK, Spies is most likely going to be on that team in 2010, no matter what. They can't wait until the final race to make a decision. I wouldn't doubt at the next round of WSBK, Spies announces his decision.

Edwards has a contract on the table with Aprilia in WSBK. He doesn't wanna go back, but he knows the writing is on the wall and I wouldn't doubt we see him in WSBK OR his retirement next year.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Actually the Edwards/Toseland thing is an interesting example of the thought process in signing and retaining a rider in motogp. Edwards has clearly outperformed his teammate this season as well as a lot of other riders on the grid. But just the fact that Toseland is british goes a long way towards keeping him in the series. Since the British market is so important to Dorna, they pretty much subsidize his ride in Motogp. That is likely to continue next year despite his poor performance so far. He may not be in the tech 3 squad, but he more than likely will have a ride if he wants it. Edwards on the other hand may find himself shit out of luck should Yamaha decide to give his tech 3 seat to Spies.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I was under the impression that, Edwards had an "unofficial" life-time contract with Yamaha, kinda like what Norick Abe (RIP) had with Yamaha. So he could end up riding a Yamaha anywhere until his retirement.

If Edwards goes for the Aprilia offer, it is definately a money deal. Shinya Nakano is washed up anyway, and that Aprilia is getting faster under Biaggi's control, it could be a great comeback for Edwards.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think Edwards would do well in WSBK... probably better than GP. Once the Ape is up to spec I think we will see Biaggi winning alot more races.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think Edwards would do well in WSBK... probably better than GP. Once the Ape is up to spec I think we will see Biaggi winning alot more races.
Ya, that Biaggi guy, another sucessful failure in motorcycle racing. Great to watch thou, reminds me of old John Kocinski.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Really? You think Edwards would do well in WSBK? What would give you that impression, his two championships or is it just a hunch you have?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Really? You think Edwards would do well in WSBK? What would give you that impression, his two championships or is it just a hunch you have?
I dont know if you realize it or not but.... Its not 2002 anymore. The WSBK paddock looks a bit different now. I dont think that it would be a walk in the park for Colin at the WSBK level. Biaggi was faster than Colin in Moto GP and he really hasnt done anything spectacular in WSBK yet.
But good to see you are still making weak attempts at being a prick ;) Im sure you little buddy matty will be proud.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I dont know if you realize it or not but.... Its not 2002 anymore. The WSBK paddock looks a bit different now. I dont think that it would be a walk in the park for Colin at the WSBK level. Biaggi was faster than Colin in Moto GP and he really hasnt done anything spectacular in WSBK yet.
But good to see you are still making weak attempts at being a prick ;) Im sure you little buddy matty will be proud.
I hate to break it to you, but the last time a WSBK rider (front runner in WSBK) raced a GP race he pretty much raced Gabor Talmasci. And considering the last guy Edwards beat basically went back to superbikes and cleaned house, I think that the possibility of Edwards "doing well" is an understatement.

But I am glad to see that you remain above reproach and hypocrisy in the name calling department.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Spies already has the contract waiting for the "factory" position on the Tech 3 team, which is Edwards position.

Based on his performance in WSBK, Spies is most likely going to be on that team in 2010, no matter what. They can't wait until the final race to make a decision. I wouldn't doubt at the next round of WSBK, Spies announces his decision.

Edwards has a contract on the table with Aprilia in WSBK. He doesn't wanna go back, but he knows the writing is on the wall and I wouldn't doubt we see him in WSBK OR his retirement next year.
Gotta love you stating rumor as fact... Just flat out amazing.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Why don't you call Ben and Colin and put an end to the rumor-mill.

My buddy says they're not done deals only because a contract isn't signed yet.

Plus it does make sense... Colin has raced for Aprilia before, Ben would be going to the factory version of tech 3...
Nothing is a done deal until the contract is signed. So saying it is a done deal would be wrong.

So are you saying that Ben is going to Tech3 for sure and it's a done deal? Come on Tye, actually commit to one of your statements of "fact" for once.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i'd like to see Edwards race the yamaha if he went to the WSBK series... i mean he's spent a lot of time riding for Yamaha... if Spies wants to come to GP... just switch 'em up....

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Nothing is a done deal until the contract is signed. So saying it is a done deal would be wrong.

So are you saying that Ben is going to Tech3 for sure and it's a done deal? Come on Tye, actually commit to one of your statements of "fact" for once.
I said Spies has a contract on the table... How about you read what I said a bit closer:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I hate to break it to you, but the last time a WSBK rider (front runner in WSBK) raced a GP race he pretty much raced Gabor Talmasci. And considering the last guy Edwards beat basically went back to superbikes and cleaned house, I think that the possibility of Edwards "doing well" is an understatement.

But I am glad to see that you remain above reproach and hypocrisy in the name calling department.
OK so it sounds like we both think CE would do well in WSBK.. WTF do you want?? PS I dont think Fabdildo coming to GP for 1 race is a very good barometer for how WSBK stacks up with GP as far as talent goes.
Also if you could read you would realize that infact I did not call you a name at all. I made simply pointed out what your behavior suggest about you. So dont blame me! Im not the one starting this crap.
Now you and you little buddy Mattyp can huddle up and figure out what cool thing you can say next.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
OK so it sounds like we both think CE would do well in WSBK.. WTF do you want?? PS I dont think Fabdildo coming to GP for 1 race is a very good barometer for how WSBK stacks up with GP as far as talent goes.
Also if you could read you would realize that infact I did not call you a name at all. I made simply pointed out what your behavior suggest about you. So dont blame me! Im not the one starting this crap.
Now you and you little buddy Mattyp can huddle up and figure out what cool thing you can say next.
Yes being "a prick" and rcdick isn't name calling; ok Mr. Highroad. I'm not gonna huddle up with anyone, i'll just sit back and see which one of you can spew more crap, you or Tye. I think Tye is winning, but i've got faith in you. "You ken dooooo et"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.