Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had both of my seats off of my 2014, when I went to put them back on this hunk of foam/rubber fell to the floor. I can't see any obvious place where it came from.

Help?

Attachments

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
I'm probably remembering wrong, but I recall at one time a tech bulletin or something about a piece of foam/rubber that was to fit under the pilots seat to keep it from flexing. It was supposed to keep pressure off of something underneath, maybe the ABS unit?

That's all I got... :|

Reactions: nikwax

·
Smut peddler
1,146 Posts
I haven't stayed at a holiday Inn express in awhile, but my best guess is that it came from the motorcycle. The good news is that when you work on a bike and you have extra parts and it still runs, you've been promoted from mechanic to engineer.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is glued to the seat bottom in line with the banjo fitting on the abs pump. See the indention that looks like a bolt head.
Cheers

Perfect, thanks!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
I haven't stayed at a holiday Inn express in awhile, but my best guess is that it came from the motorcycle. The good news is that when you work on a bike and you have extra parts and it still runs, you've been promoted from mechanic to engineer.
And the the bike is lighter also, win win with fingers crossed.........the worst thing i hate is when i drop a screw or small part or an ellen key into the depths of the bike and never to be found again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts