Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
I've heard of 944, 966, 984, and a 992 stroker. Then there's MBP's red heads at several though a pop.

For longevity, most go for the 944 kit. Most usually get some porting of the heads along with a big bore/high compression kit because the heads on the ole' carbed 904 motor are the limiting factor in terms of hp.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've heard of 944, 966, 984, and a 992 stroker
Aparently the 900SS engine cannot be stroked due to to the OE close clearace between the bigend side of the conrod and the crankcase. However, there is a 1005cc kit (97mm) availabe from Silent Hektik and Vee Two also once confirmed it is possible to build a 1026cc engine with 98mm pistons.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
97DesmoSP said:
Yeah... my pocket book is having a coronary at the moment. Do most people have all this work done at once or in stages? If I was going to tackle it in bits, what are the best initial improvements to go with? I have FCR 41's.
The hot setup for those FCRs is to put them on short Malossi intakes. That will eliminate the airbox for individual foam filters and you won't need the fuel pump since the fuel will be fed by gravity. That's where the hp gain is.

bruce19

21 - 24 of 24 Posts