Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Don't let them fool ya, they're actually hockey pucks for the GGH.
(Garden Gnome Hockey)
 

·
MultiModerator
Joined
·
1,401 Posts
97DesmoSP said:
Thanks Smegg! So they don't need to be put back into place? Is there any downside to not having them?

Thanks for the tips!
No downside that I've seen. I've put over 20K miles on my 900, and raced 750 with those little rubber plucks off. After the exhaust and airbox are opened up, a little fin vibration noise isn't noticable (if it ever was) and I've never heard of a fin rattling off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
bruce19 said:
Wrong again, grasshopper. It's all about CURLING! :)

bruce19
But wise Master: I thought curling was with stones like the ones that collect in the lower front of our fairings. You know,and the only way to get them out is to remove one side. Actually when that happens I do some "curling" of 12oz weights...ahhh now I see.

You are indeed wise oh master
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
672 Posts
smegtheprez said:
Don't let them fool ya, they're actually hockey pucks for the GGH.
(Garden Gnome Hockey)
yep, and those freakin' gnomes are messy little buggers....never pick up after their games. they have left their pucks all over my shop floor too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,377 Posts
smegtheprez said:
But wise Master: I thought curling was with stones like the ones that collect in the lower front of our fairings. You know,and the only way to get them out is to remove one side. Actually when that happens I do some "curling" of 12oz weights...ahhh now I see.

You are indeed wise oh master
Actually "stones" are the things in the little sacks inside your leathers. But, they too lead to the curling of 12 oz. weights. All paths lead to truth.

bruce19
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
645 Posts
97DesmoSP said:
Is there any downside to not having them?
Only thing I can think of is: you keep the bike for the next 50 years, it becomes a prized, restored vintage bike in OEM condition, but its value is detrimentally affected because it's not in concours condition due to the fact that all those pucks are gone!

don't ask me how I know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,687 Posts
97DesmoSP said:
Thanks again for the feedback. One last question, do you guys know how much the kit is to punch up my 900 to a 944?
it varies...based on who makes it...who installs it...what all they are installing....what other inner engine mods you are doing to accompany the punch out to get the fullest potential out of it all...and all involved portions of the process...you can easily say anywhere from $1000 up to $5000 depending!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My engine is stock at the moment. The only addition has been a set of FCR flat slides. I didn't realize that there were different kits? What's the best or most popular kit? I have a excellent mechanic to do the work for me so all I'd be looking for is a supplier for the kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,687 Posts
97DesmoSP said:
My engine is stock at the moment. The only addition has been a set of FCR flat slides. I didn't realize that there were different kits? What's the best or most popular kit? I have a excellent mechanic to do the work for me so all I'd be looking for is a supplier for the kit.
it is not so much different kits....though there are different suppliers...but it starts with 944 pistons...then goes to lightweight connecting rods....then to lightening the flywheels and the crank....and then to changing your cam profile....and depending on what size flatsides you have...maybe going to bigger flatsides after port and polishing the heads and doing a 3 angle valve job....so ya see where I'm going with this???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah... my pocket book is having a coronary at the moment. Do most people have all this work done at once or in stages? If I was going to tackle it in bits, what are the best initial improvements to go with? I have FCR 41's.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top