Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of the pilot power pures instead of the Scorpions because I have heard that the scorpions just don't grip as good as some higher performance tires. Plus, the pures are very light weight!

Does anyone have any feedback on the Pure's?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I just ordered a set of the pilot power pures instead of the Scorpions because I have heard that the scorpions just don't grip as good as some higher performance tires. Plus, the pures are very light weight!

Does anyone have any feedback on the Pure's?

Thanks!
Michelins are very light as you have stated and the pures come with a great compound so you'll be happy. You can even do a few track days on it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the Pures installed at delivery. I ride two up so the majority of the miles are with my wife on back. I got 2000 miles on my first set. I then switched to the cheaper Pilot Sport it has a slightly different profile but the front tire lasted longer the rear lasted 2000 miles also. I could only get another Pure for the rear at the last change at it will also have to be changed soon as it has another 1200 miles on it. They are both excellent grip I can't tell the difference. My wife can feel the tires slip when they get worn. She does not like the tar strips in the road.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Pr3's

Plenty of folks have the pr3's here in the uk and r very happy!

Mcn (the local motor cycle news) did a review on u tube and the Z8 metzlers cut off well in the wet!

I had the standard scorpions on, but will never buy them again! They went from bald to dangerous in 40 miles (down to the casing) Had pr3's fitted this week and am busy scrubbing them in!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I went with the PR2, rather than the 3. Just about got them scrubbed in.

With Pures or Powers, I'd be concerned about life -- 2k seems pretty good for that sticky of a tyre on this bike.

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
i put a pure on .. but personally found it to wear quite badly if you just commute . i ended up throwing it away early for a pr3 .

·
Registered
29 Posts
PR3s for me now as well. I have had them for about a 1000 miles and look good, feel good, really stick well. Hope they last as others have stated.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've used Pures on a BMW K/S...a much heavier bike. They wore very quickly but performance was excellent. I think turn-in was a little quicker with them. No wet weather comments to make.

They'd be a good sport tire to try but just don't expect them to last very long.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Got 'em, love 'em. Great on the track, great on the street. But then, getting long wear out of them is at the bottom of my list.

30F, 28R on the track, if I remember correctly...

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts