Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a long story I won't bore you with but about 10 yrs ago 7 of us went on a motorcycle camping trip to Rhinebeck, NY. Camped in a State Park on the edge of the Hudson River. As a joke we began calling ourselves the Hudson River 7 (You may recall John Sayle's "Return of the Secaucus Seven). Anyway, 10 yrs. later we still ride together although there are now 10-15 of us. Of course our rides are usually 4-6 riders. Anyway, in that time we have gone to CO, WY, and OR together. Not to mention many, many rides in New England, Upstate NY and PA. Many of the guys ride BMW's, but at least 5 of us have Ducs and one token Aprilia. We ride out of CT and anyone is welcomed to hook up with us. Usually some spirited riding, cigars and something alcoholic over a campfire. And, of course, a good restaurant or two. If you're ever interested just let me know.

bruce19

·
Registered
424 Posts
Sounds good Bruce. We will have to hook up once the riding weather gets here.
We seem to enjoy the same things.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good to me. The group I ride with range in age from 23 (my son, Wolf) to about 63 yrs. We are teachers, business guys, retirees, students, builders, designers, Duc mechanic, former/current racers, computer geeks, etc. Really eclectic bunch. We also have a variety of riding styles. And, everyone seems to get along well. I will definitely let you know of any rides or off-season Happy Hours.

bruce19

·
Registered
424 Posts
Cool, I am also an ex racer, have a BMW too, and from the description of your buds... I could run with the pack. ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I do everything but the camping now.
The old bones require a motel room.
I suspect it's probably it's because of too many years of camping.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I feel 25 but my soon to be 53 year old body says otherwise. I suspect it has something to do with motorcycle accidents, downhill skiing and broken body parts...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'd be interested!!

My Old bones, not quite as old as RickD's, would be very interested in hook'n up too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Gforce said:
My Old bones, not quite as old as RickD's...
Let's race you young whipper snapper! I'll give you a head start.;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bruce19, count me in! I guess I'll have to dust off the old camping gear.
GEEZE, I'm only a few years younger than you and I have a tuff time getting off the bed, how the hell am I going to get off the ground! It's gotta be the broken bones, screws, pins, arthritis and 30 plus years of riding I guess *OR* maybe it's the drinking and smoking?
Remember the commercial where the lady says, "I've fall'in and I can't get up"? That's what you'll hear com'in from my tent in the morning.....(ha-ha)
It sounds like a great time, I'm in!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm in for some rides too. More partial to a bed than a bag but I haven't forgotten those days. Used to camp outside of Worcester for an annual Brit swap meet in June. A bunch of us would do a 6-state run on Sat (about 300-350 miles touching each NE state) have a great time around the campfire, take in the meet on Sun and ride home.

·
Still needs a life.
12,598 Posts
bruce19 said:
Dude! I turn 60 this June. You can't be that old.

bruce19
It is illegal for anyone over the age of 40 to use the word "Dude".

·
Registered
602 Posts
LOL Bill! Illegal? I'm sooooo busted. I just turned 40 last Oct. and my friend was over the other night for a beer and I caught myself calling him "dude"! Must be a throw back to my skateboarding days in the seventies. I've never done any camping with my Duc. My wife's idea of camping is "chillin' back" at the Green Granite hotel in North Conway NH (full amenities).

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bill_Anderson said:
You mean I'm 20 yrs. younger than I thought I was? Cool!

bruce19

·
Registered
424 Posts
Bill_Anderson said:
Uh Oh.;)

·
Registered
215 Posts
East coast camping

You guys have me thinking I may have to ride out and join you! As a displaced Mass guy, I never get back there enough so maybe I will have to ride all the way out and camp too!

I used to spend my summers in Maine on Long Lake in No. Bridgeton, man that was fun camping, I'll make sure I pack the tent!

Don

·
Still needs a life.
12,598 Posts
I will keep you guys in mind when I get around to retiring and take my dream trip, an "Autumn Leaves" tour of New England. My sole exposure to the NE was the summer of 1989. I was living in Chicagoland, but spent the summer enrolled at Middlebury College's summer language school.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts