Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking for a Hypermotard for my next bike and am wondering if there's any big differences between the 1100S and the Evo SP besides the Evo being newer.

Also, I'm 6'4", any rearset recommendations for a taller rider?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
5 more HP, a bit more ground clearance because of longer suspension travel and it weighs 6kgs less than the 1100S.

Overal changes are the switch from dual spark to single spark, lighter flywheel and crankcasings, different subframe(lighter I believe), different dash, different ECU, slightly taller gearing (15/41 vs 15/42 of the 1100S).

For rearsets, I bought these:

DUCATI HYPERMOTARD MULTISTRADA 796 1100 pedane arretrate regolabili rearsets peg | eBay

Cheapest rearsets available for the Hyper and fully adjustable. But the standard rearsets sit pretty low, So I'd doubt you'd have any problems with it. Only downside of stock rearsets is the lack of ground clearance.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!! I believe I'll focus on an Evo SP then!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you!! I believe I'll focus on an Evo SP then!
It all depend what your after.. For the extra money u spend on an evo u can do a lot with the older 1100s. The only difference is like 15 pounds total and 5hp more, there is an inch of clearance and around an inch of extra travel in suspension.
When I bought my hyper it was $7000 less to buy the standard model rather than buy the standard evo that was 1'year newer.

At the duc shop for 2300$ u can have a built spec motor with more hp and tq all together. Well that's what I can c on there site at least.. But to convert your "s" to an evo isn't an impossible thing to do and will probably save u some cash and make u more familiar with your hyper.
My 2 cents.

·
Registered
470 Posts
You got any pics of those on ur bike drinky? They dont show much on the website, but i think i like what i do see.

5 more HP, a bit more ground clearance because of longer suspension travel and it weighs 6kgs less than the 1100S.

Overal changes are the switch from dual spark to single spark, lighter flywheel and crankcasings, different subframe(lighter I believe), different dash, different ECU, slightly taller gearing (15/41 vs 15/42 of the 1100S).

For rearsets, I bought these:

DUCATI HYPERMOTARD MULTISTRADA 796 1100 pedane arretrate regolabili rearsets peg | eBay

Cheapest rearsets available for the Hyper and fully adjustable. But the standard rearsets sit pretty low, So I'd doubt you'd have any problems with it. Only downside of stock rearsets is the lack of ground clearance.

·
Registered
470 Posts
U got anymore info by chance? Wondering what u get for $2300 and how the powerband is(i prefer the low/midrange torque of our motors). If it made topend power by sacrificing any of that id probably pass since the majority of my riding is in the twisty mountain roads.

On their website i see $2700+parts to blueprint a motor( which is more of a very professional engine rebuild than a gigantic power increase) and i also see $800+parts to port and polish a head(which w degreed cams w more aggressive profiles, intake and exhaust mods and fuel delivery mods(ecu programming) is certainly headed in the direction of performance gains. Do they have a good 'bang for the buck' combo of mods for $2300?

It all depend what your after.. For the extra money u spend on an evo u can do a lot with the older 1100s. The only difference is like 15 pounds total and 5hp more, there is an inch of clearance and around an inch of extra travel in suspension.
When I bought my hyper it was $7000 less to buy the standard model rather than buy the standard evo that was 1'year newer.

At the duc shop for 2300$ u can have a built spec motor with more hp and tq all together. Well that's what I can c on there site at least.. But to convert your "s" to an evo isn't an impossible thing to do and will probably save u some cash and make u more familiar with your hyper.
My 2 cents.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, Snot83 and Booger Weldz, did you guys post like that on purpose?

I think I'm going to go with the Evo, anything that's taller is a plus for me. The bike I'm looking at has a DP seat, I may even go back to the stock seat to gain some height back. I appreciate the price point but I'll be personalizing it to my taste anyway. Mainly focusing on suspension and handling rather than power. I'll let you guys know when I pull the trigger on this bike. Being a Hyper newbie I sincerely appreciate all your input so far, I know I'll have many more questions!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
aa... Owned an '07 1100S for three sweet years. Sold it. Missed it. Picked up a '10 EVO SP. I'm 6'4". Wow, everything I adored with the '07 and more. I think it is the total package, and how it comes together making the diff, from the taller suspension, to the internals, to some striking visual cues. Well, at least for me, the EVO SP is quite the bike. I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I just told the owner last night I'll be picking it up on Monday! :D

·
Premium Member
350 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You got any pics of those on ur bike drinky? They dont show much on the website, but i think i like what i do see.
If I'm not mistaken, he added 3 pics of mine to his listing ( says "drinky" in faint white in the bottom right hand corner).

I'll make a few of the overal package tomorrow, since today it has only been raining.

·
Registered
470 Posts

I think I'm going to go with the Evo, anything that's taller is a plus for me. The bike I'm looking at has a DP seat, I may even go back to the stock seat to gain some height back. I appreciate the price point but I'll be personalizing it to my taste anyway. Mainly focusing on suspension and handling rather than power. I'll let you guys know when I pull the trigger on this bike. Being a Hyper newbie I sincerely appreciate all your input so far, I know I'll have many more questions!!
I did the same thing in 08. I bought the dealer demo. Added dual termis, some carbon fiber fenders, the rack and little stuff i wanted personally instead(and still way cheaper than) a stock S model. I think ull be happier if u save a little coin to spend it on things that u specifically want verses the 'higher' model bike.

I didnt even notice snots screen name, lol!

·
Registered
449 Posts

aa996 spend time getting your spring rate on forks and rear correct as a priority. With your height and suspected corresponding weight (I'm 6'4" and 100kg) getting the suspension set up appropriately will transform the handling of the Hypermotard. I also returned to a standard seat after trying the DP seat, found it more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for a Hypermotard for my next bike and am wondering if there's any big differences between the 1100S and the Evo SP besides the Evo being newer.

Also, I'm 6'4", any rearset recommendations for a taller rider?
here is my dyno sheet stock vs stock

evo mtr is also more quick reving

but a well tunned older model is bloody good value for the $ now too

Attachments

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
What bikes have you owned previously? It depends on what your looking for. In my case I got a 2011 for a pretty good deal, 11,8. I was actually considering the 796, but after reading the forum of how guy's were looking for a bit more, after buying one. I went with the 2011 for a K more than the 796. Never rode the SP, but belive me, if your the average guy, the thing hauls ASS stock. Good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts