Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I've had my 2001 748s for about 4 years now. Curious who else is in the Front Range area around here.
Doing some maintenance on the bike and would love to pick someone's brain who works on these often, or just find Ducati owners who are going out riding the mountains.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
I live in Denver.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Hi, I am in Colorado Springs. I have 1st Gen MTS, 1200 Multi with SBK engine internals, a S2R1000 monster, Paso ex-racer from Italy, 999S, and. Turbo 999 LSR bike. So for some inexplicable reason I enjoy working on Ducs.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hi, I am in Colorado Springs. I have 1st Gen MTS, 1200 Multi with SBK engine internals, a S2R1000 monster, Paso ex-racer from Italy, 999S, and. Turbo 999 LSR bike. So for some inexplicable reason I enjoy working on Ducs.
I've been thinkin on the original Multi recently. Let me know what you think about them.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I think they are ugly....that aside they are great bikes. We made custom carbon bodywork and exhaust. Added TPO street beast filters and have woke it up a bit, but it’s still a 620. It fun to ride but of course I would like more power. I have a 1000DS motor to put in as soon as I have the time. If it was not for the wife I would have started with a 1000 or 1100.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Denver.
From your Sig it looks like you have a ton of experience with these Superbikes. I found fuel leak at the throttle body fuel fitting into the vertical TB. For the life of me, I don't know how to pull it out without fear of breaking it.

Scouring forums I see it's common for it to leak, but the line doesn't appear to have any issues. Could it be O-rings in the TB?

Thanks for everyone replying! It's great to see front range Ducati fans out here. Hopefully we can all get a ride in soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have mine apart for a throttle body fuel line leak currently. While it's apart, I figure why not do a full list of maintenance items. Fluids, belts, etc. They seem fun to work on. Do you have experience setting lash on these? I've done it on cars with solid lifters and springs, but never this type of valve actuation.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Hi Charlie, I saw your question and post on the TB leak. While not positive I believe there is a O-ring on that fitting. Ducati and their plastic👎. Valve adjust is pretty simple, just hard to reach everything. I have one of the race motors on the stand being built now. Within a week or 2 the heads will be ready to Reassemble, install, and degree the cams. If your interested PM me and you can come down to my workshop when I set the valves on the bench it makes it way easier to see What’s going on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Charlie, I saw your question and post on the TB leak. While not positive I believe there is a O-ring on that fitting. Ducati and their plastic👎. Valve adjust is pretty simple, just hard to reach everything. I have one of the race motors on the stand being built now. Within a week or 2 the heads will be ready to Reassemble, install, and degree the cams. If your interested PM me and you can come down to my workshop when I set the valves on the bench it makes it way easier to see What’s going on.
Is this like an open invite? Because that sounds awesome.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
From your Sig it looks like you have a ton of experience with these Superbikes. I found fuel leak at the throttle body fuel fitting into the vertical TB. For the life of me, I don't know how to pull it out without fear of breaking it.

Scouring forums I see it's common for it to leak, but the line doesn't appear to have any issues. Could it be O-rings in the TB?

Thanks for everyone replying! It's great to see front range Ducati fans out here. Hopefully we can all get a ride in soon.
Well, those o rings split all the time but most commonly is when you're removing and/or reinstalling the tank (and sometimes installing brand new O rings). I am not very good at diagnosing problems over the internet but I guess if I were you I would start there.

The quality of those O rings have varied over time, too. I am not sure if the ones you get from the spare parts catalog are the good ones or back to the shitty ones but I do know there was an effort to make them higher quality.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
msmith, sure if we can work the times out I have no problem with someone else in the shop. Learning something is never a bad thing, IMO.

·
Registered
2016 1299s
3 Posts
1299s in Thornton
It's my first Ducati (7th current bike) and opened it up to take a look at stuff the other weekend. Although tight and tucked, seems to be a well thought out setup. IMO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts