Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from someone who claims "new in box, never used" would like to get one for future Zard setup...
I know these things are finicky about being reprogrammed so looking for some advice. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Anything electronic has the possibility of being non-functioning... we've had several that were brand new that simply didn't work. The majority of the time they are fine though and the few that weren't we warrantied with Ducati no problem.

I wouldn't be too worried about it, but I also wouldn't pay top dollar unless you had a guarantee that it worked!

·
Registered
88 Posts
from someone who claims "new in box, never used" would like to get one for future Zard setup...
I know these things are finicky about being reprogrammed so looking for some advice. Thanks in advance...
The red key locks the ECU to the bike. As long as it hasn't been used with the red key you should be ok. It locks that ecu to that bike. I bought one new in box never used. Works great!

Got mine from these guys

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ducati_depot/

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
If you feel the need for a new ECU and your buying off Ebay, your always taking something of a chance..

Do you need another unit? Your stock unit can be re-flashed to DP Specs if your not planning on going back to a stock setup. There are afew options depending on the bike, some vendors here offer a reflash kit that seems to work well. If you want someone else to do the job, then Hypertrick and a select few others offer the same service without the need to buy anything.

//amullo

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for advice but going to hold off as Anthony at Desmoworks said the DP ECU is not the best solution for a set of Zard slipons.. No matter what, it seems you can't avoid the TermiTax...:mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts