Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Ducati Hypermotard 950
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the trend is for bar end mirrors but i'm looking to see if there are any options out there that are more functional. Looking to improve visibility but also trying to find mirrors that look like they fit in with the rest of the look of the bike. Maybe it's asking too much but thought i'd throw it out there to see if anyone has upgraded their mirrors by chance.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I mount mine inboard and under the bars. They are very functional in that position because you are looking in the space under your arm as opposed to right into your shoulder or forearm. My mirror is a bit small but a couple of the medium or large CRG/Motogadget/Rizoma/Oberon mirrors would be very effective and look clean.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
2016 Ducati Hypermotard 939 SP
56 Posts
I have CRG Arrows and love them for look and functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Ducati Hypermotard 950
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both setups look really good. I've never tried putting my mirrors under the bar, having a hard enough time seeing with the stock ones already but could give it a try. My set up looks like this at the moment.

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have been researching this too, interested in the Doubletake adventure mirror. Looks like you can actually see out of them

·
Registered
296 Posts
These are the Ducati Performance mirrors with Acerbis hand guards.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Tire
Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Reactions: Pard

·
Registered
296 Posts
Do you find them bigger and better than the stock mirrors?
They are bigger than the stock flip out mirrors. They require you to move over a little bit to see everything behind you while your riding. I like them better than the stock flip out mirrors. Splitting traffic was a pain with the fold out mirrors. With the stock mirrors I either folded them in or hit car rear view mirrors. The stockers do look the coolest though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Decided to go with ebay option and plan to try mounting under the bar, inside of grip. Have been browsing old threads and read comment about how due to angle on the motard, you can see into space right under armpit. Will report back!

·
Registered
Ducati Hypermotard 950
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Decided to go with ebay option and plan to try mounting under the bar, inside of grip. Have been browsing old threads and read comment about how due to angle on the motard, you can see into space right under armpit. Will report back!
Perfect thank you. Curious to see how you find those mirrors.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I always thought the lever guard fold our mirrors looked bad ass but they make the bike very wide and right in line with your arm. I'm a fan of under skung inboard mirrors like my lic from a week or two ago. Them lever guard ones are super badass though.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I only got around to mounting 1 and have not taken it out yet lol. Plan to test it out and see if its actually better before removing the stock ones

1 - 19 of 19 Posts