Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have ordered a base Streetfighter to compliment my Monster 1100 (at least until I decide if I want to keep the Monster after picking up the Streetfighter). I am curious to know if there are any base Streetfighter reviews yet?

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you are talking about published reviews they have all been provided with the S model. Maybe once the new has worn off we'll see some comparo's with the base. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've ridden the M1100S and was impressed with the overall package. I just bought a SF-S over the weekend and the performance gain is out of this world. You will like either bike but I think you'll end up selling the M after you ride the SF :)

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I took our base SF for a ride this weekend up in the hills and was very impressed.

Handles and accelerates like our 1098 project bike but is much more comfortable. I did't notice the windblast until about 90mph.

But I did notice my wrist and back felt pretty good after two consecutive 5 hr rides.

-M

·
Registered
94 Posts
I recently test rode a white base SF for 7 days and +1700 miles in Northern California. I had test ridden an S version before. On the street I prefer the base model. It's so comfortable for long rides (and I'm 6'3''), and it still rips when wanted. I'm selling my '07 Speed Triple in order to get one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Why did I have to read that??? I have an 08 Speed Triple with Arrow slip-ons, and like the bike. 5500 miles in 5 months. I had a deposit on a SF back in March or April, but snagged the S3 for a great price. Love the sound, looks, simplicity, durabilty and lack of maintenance, etc.

But I'm still looking for more of a hair-raising experience in terms of acceleration up to 100mph and less weight. I was going to wait for the 1198 SF which would hopefully have the sub-4k rpm surging resolved; now it seems TuneBoy did it. So the SF is back on the potential list.

Truly like my Speed Triple. May gear it down a tooth up front. The Arrows make me smile. But sometimes you just want more, huh.

I recently test rode a white base SF for 7 days and +1700 miles in Northern California. I had test ridden an S version before. On the street I prefer the base model. It's so comfortable for long rides (and I'm 6'3''), and it still rips when wanted. I'm selling my '07 Speed Triple in order to get one.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I don't think there's a professional motojournalist out there that told us how really crappy the SF is to ride in traffic...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why did I have to read that??? I have an 08 Speed Triple with Arrow slip-ons, and like the bike. 5500 miles in 5 months. I had a deposit on a SF back in March or April, but snagged the S3 for a great price. Love the sound, looks, simplicity, durabilty and lack of maintenance, etc.

But I'm still looking for more of a hair-raising experience in terms of acceleration up to 100mph and less weight. I was going to wait for the 1198 SF which would hopefully have the sub-4k rpm surging resolved; now it seems TuneBoy did it. So the SF is back on the potential list.

Truly like my Speed Triple. May gear it down a tooth up front. The Arrows make me smile. But sometimes you just want more, huh.
Don't get me wrong, I love everything about my '07 Speed Tiple (except the suspensions), but I've always longed for a strong torquey desmo twin engine fitted on a good-looking Ducati that would be accommodating for long legs and far away rides.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts