Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Any bad words for the Phantom Sportscomp?

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  htamoto68 
#1 ·
Like another recent poster, my GT too got nailed by a nail leaving me with a flat back tire. I found a local shop who still carries Phantom Sportcomps (I guess discontinued) at a decent price though some have argued for the Perelli rosso corsa or MIichelin Pilot Powers. Any comments?

#4 ·
Do not even consider buying another Pirelli Phantom. They are absolutely shit. Seriously. It's a 1980s tyre resurrected to look cool. I'm told that they had to put the original rear tyre on the front and then retro produce a 180 rear.

Your tyres are the one thing that keeps you on the road under acceleration, braking and turning. No performance or safety compromise that big is worth those "trendy" looks.

Throw them away and don't look back.

...and don't take my word for it. Ask any pro tyre fitter.

As for mixing and matching, don't do it with these plastic disasters. The Phantom is not really pairable with any tyre in profile or grip (or lack of grip). Pirelli Diablo 2s are a good choice, or Pilot Pures.

#10 ·
I just went down yesterday with phantom. No grip on the front while braking on wet ground!

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

#12 ·
Thanks Im fine. Bike needs a paint job now and some parts...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.