Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re ST3 full system

Ducat23,
I have emailed Staintune and offered my 2006 ST3 as the guinea pig for design and construction of a full 45mm system in 304SS. I am awaiting their response.
Cheers,
Deebee

·
Registered
2007 MTS 1100s
598 Posts
Why would you want a larger diameter, full system in the absence of significant engine modifications? The result could quite possibly be degraded overall performance. Without assurances from an engine tuner that performance can be increased... seems like a big waste of money to me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The ST3 comes with a small 40mm headpipe, which is not an equal length design, and uses a "cludgy" cross-over arrangement.

While Brad does suggest this motor is undervalved, he also suggests that the 40mm head pipes are small for a 992cc motor.

Who's ruling out engine mods?

Perhaps we'll see some full systems available soon now that the 3V motor is the only one available for the ST's.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Coming from a BMW this bike still has more power than I'm used to. No big engine mods in my future. If I needed more HP I would have just bought a ST4s. I would like new pipes for a throatier sound. I'd prefer oval cans with Ti or CF tubes. I think polished SS wouldn't look good. But, I want to retain the easy to change high/low positions I have with my pannier mounts.

·
Registered
2007 MTS 1100s
598 Posts
Very positive press from this board regarding Sil's. In fact I have a titanium set of slip-ons on my ST3 with open airbox and I think the bike sounds plenty nasty as configured. But that's just my humble opinion...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.