5 min install
Got the big CCA version
939C0183-1093-4B20-8295-61807D07E3F9.jpeg
0ED74587-4516-4FD5-B095-098C9279762B.jpeg
53AC1A75-6158-4B3B-8E1D-DF0664C8E6DE.jpeg

·
Registered
968 Posts
Why wouldn't fit because it's the same size as the OEM. Most Lithium's are even smaller.
You'll love it. More CA (480 vs 210) and the At12-BS-HD is only 3 lbs vs the 9 lbs Yuasa.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't have any experience with lithium batteries. I've researched a little, and on paper they seem to be mostly pro with very little cons. But I'm still a little unsure of a couple of real world characteristics. Would the 480CA give me a quicker ignition over the factory battery in temps around 60F to 70F? I live in Alaska, and my riding season usually ends when temps start to drop, due to the possibility of ice. I generally dont really ride in temps below 40F. Would this battery struggle in temps between 40F and 50F though?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I went with a smaller lithium battery because it gave me the extra room required to put my 12v air compressor under the seat, lol.
Nice [sarc].
And here we Ducati riders trying to rid ourselves of the reputation for blowing air out of our arses.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Li Ion batteries are great...except in the cold. They require a warmup period of power draw in the cold before you can get any real amperage from them.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
What does that even mean? Take a hairdryer to the battery for a few minutes?
Turn on the ignition, wait a minute or two, start as usual. I've been down to 48F with no need for it. I think users report below freezing conditions needing the "warm up" routine. People riding in these conditions are hardcore. FWIW, Lithium ion batteries really work well in all conditions and have WAY more CCA that lead acid batteries. Your mileage will not vary.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Li Ion batteries are great...except in the cold. They require a warmup period of power draw in the cold before you can get any real amperage from them.
Can't say I've ever found that. I started my bike with no problems when it was literally -1c (30F)

The first service ended up being scheduled on a really poor day to have to ride 150km, lol. Lowest temp I saw on that ride was -3c and the highest was +3 just as I got to the dealer.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I concur. Lithium does turnover just as well as a lead-acid at -1c (30F).

40 Posts
Hey everyone, just wanted to chime in with a little additional info to contribute...funny this came up as I was actually thinking of starting a thread on this subject since it's that time of the year... :)
so lithium does have more resistance in cooler climates and you can come across it acting a little sluggish and as a couple of you touched on self warming can definitely help get the battery to full capacity for starting, turning on the ignition, or engaging an accessory for a few minutes will provide this...that being said some won't even notice though...even if it's 30-40 F outside, unless the bike has been sitting for very long for hours on end or days in a colder environment the battery will still get it done with no problem and as mentioned as well lithium batteries are usually going to have much more cranking than a lead/acid battery, on top of that in regards to performance a lithium batteries output during cranking remains at a constant peak at the top end until it hits the end of capacity whereas a lead/acid starts declining pretty quick right out of the gate so overall lithium is a much better and more efficient starting battery...

Battery is looking good btw Ebrew!!

-Chad
[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts