Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I'd also recommend repositioning the arm on the gear shift shaft ("gearchange control lever") down a bit more so it has a better angle for downshifts.

QUOTE]

yep. that's what I was referring to (just didn't know the proper name for it).
looks like it will need a longer rod to get the right geometry.
I agree; I was thinking you meant the foot pedal. The rod is length adjustable (reverse threads at one end; be careful).

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'll look into adjusting the gear lever, was thinking about doing a reverse shift pattern though, eliminates problems upshifting in corners for sure! Unfortunately it's going to have to wait, I went out for a little shakedown ride to make sure she is ready for barber next weekend and I think the alternator nut backed out... Heard a series of "rattles" before I pulled into a random gas station and killed it... Hope it's just the alt nut, but I have a feeling there will be a 1000ds engine going in a bit earlier than I was planning. Waiting for the truck and trailer now, I'll post up what the problem is when I get it apart.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Bummed to hear about your engine.

Woodcraft sell a longer shaft to suit your rearset, I'm guessing you have the stock linkage shaft on the bike, you might not get the length you need on that. $17, cheap as chips.

www.woodcraft-cfm.com - ShiftRod712FemaleAlum

GP shift you might ditch the pedal all together and put a reverse (rear hanging) pedal on the selector shaft. I don't know if they would do more damage if you put the bike down but that might be a consideration.

I was going to suggest losing the ignition key and putting a late model cut off back on the right side clip on and something similar on the left as the ignition switch so you have a cut out on both sides and no key at all. But I guess you have a bit on now with the motor.

The dash looks cool with the alloy, how is it with sun reflecting off it?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The dash is pretty low gloss, so I didn't have a problem with any reflections while the ride lasted. Going to look into that shift linkage, $17 is to good to pass up!

The motor issues do suck, but I've got backup bikes for barber next weekend.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I like GP shift... almost too much! I find that I try GP shifting every time I ride another motorcycle! I finally decided to stay with conventional shifting on all my bikes so I don't break a chain or transmission by shifting down hard on a non GP shift bike...

I hope your engine issues turn out to be minor!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very nice conversion man! Ik really like the paint job.

sry to hear about your engine, kinda know the feeling...

but curious if you're going the DS route cause I will in the next weeks or so.

Cheers R.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Looks Greast Thanks for sharing, I'm getting ready to do the same with a old 99 900SS. What Tracks do you run, any north.

Should be Big Fun!! And those pipes a pretty as a Nice set of :think:..........very nice cans.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts