Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if there is room for another SS cafe racer but I started building one anyway. My approach is diferent so I thought you might find it interesting. Few months ago I bought SS frame and started building model of gas tank and tail section. I started from scratch.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes there is room! Excited to see the progress with this build. I wish I had the courage/know how to move beyond buying/installing parts and actually start fabricating.

Thanks for posting!

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wow!
I can't wait to see this.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
So, I guess you don't do too much riding in those cold Slovenian winters?? Beautiful parts so far!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I would buy that seat tank combination, it looks great

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, I guess you don't do too much riding in those cold Slovenian winters?? Beautiful parts so far!
Yes, moving to California actually did cross my mind

Even though it goes against the grain to alter a great bike.:eek:
That's why I'm buying all parts on e-bay. For this project I already bought 750 frame, 600 engine, 750 wheels, forks, 900 rear fork, 750 cdi's and coils, new carbs ... I'm creating an SS Frankenstein

I would buy that seat tank combination, it looks great
First I need to finish it. At the moment I'm working on the mould. Fuel tank and tail section will actually be one solid peace made of carbon fibre and kevlar. Weight less than 2,5kg.
I want to keep it simple but some modifications on frame are necessary. My welding skills suck but this part will be cowered and is not vital:

·
Registered
325 Posts
You've got us on the hook.

Very nice design and execution / fabrication work here..!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I made a sandwich panel some time ago. It is vacuum infused carbon fibre with Airex core. 5mm thick and very light and stong. I will use a piece as mounting plate for battery, relays, fuses and other stuff. Tail tidy and rear light will also be bolted on it.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Awesome stuff, and great start. :cool: There is ALWAYS room for another 900SS Cafe racer Project. Thanks for sharing!

If regulation allows, DO get rid of that ugly triangulated framed bracing on the rear of the frame (the back sub-frame) that seems primarily for hanging the passenger pegs and mufflers off. Looks totally 'spack' on Cafe Racers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts