Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my first long day on the 1200 S GT and the DP Comfort seat...well...it isn't for me. I was sitting on the passenger seat to get relief.

Now my question is not which seat you believe is best for the Multi...I have a Sargent on 4 other motos and they are fine...I am wondering if anyone is riding a Saddleman Adventure Tour or the Touratech Comfort seat? The channel looks like what we have had on bicycle seats for a long time. I could ride 100 miles on those and not be hurting.

The Sargent seat for the Multi has a "dish" in it and my other Sargent seats are way flatter which makes it easy to slide around, or I would have ordered one already today.

Wondering how the Saddleman or Touratch is working out for people.

I weight 225lbs.

TIA

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Touratech is working great for me combined with Motor Skiveez. I pretty much have all day comfort.
Could not endure the OEM seat. Wife is fine with the OEM.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the touratech seat and like it. The OEM seat tipped me forward, which was fine when honing around but a real pain when cruising along on a tour. The TT seat looks the same as the original but feels very different to sit on. It feels level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
I rode to Colorado and back on my Sargeant. I live in California. Best day was 700 miles, pain in knees, hips, butt, lower back, and shoulders. But on the 300 mile days I was relatively comfortable with shorts breaks being my main strategy. I weigh about the same. Been thinking about dropping my OEM saddle off at Corbin since theyre local.

·
Premium Member
12,386 Posts
Everyones anatomy is different...
I had a local guy take my bike seat apart and add some denser foam and cut some original foam out. He left the top foam as is and did his knife work and gluing on the pan side of the foam.
Not a lot of difference but you don't have a lot of options with such a small area and height to work with.

Has anybody tried the loosing some weight???? That seems a bit much to ask...JK .

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Am I reading correctly that the Touratech seat for rider and passenger is over $1k?

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
For the DVT, that's about right. AMS Ducati has the pair for just under $1k. For the '12-'14 models it's more like $500 for the set.
Hmmm, I must be missing it. On the Touratech website, there are two different prices for my 2014 if you select the comfort seat. The dri-fit seat or whatever...standard???...seems to only show one price. I didn't find anything other than Ducati branded seats at the AMS site.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hmmm, I must be missing it. On the Touratech website, there are two different prices for my 2014 if you select the comfort seat. The dri-fit seat or whatever...standard???...seems to only show one price. I didn't find anything other than Ducati branded seats at the AMS site.
Maybe my mistake then. For the 2015+ the comfort seats are made by Touratech for Ducati. I assumed that was always the case.

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Looking at the AMS website it would appear the only seat they offer is the Ducati comfort seat. Who knows?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts