Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sad......Such cool bikes, but it's like the guy I bought my bike from, critically retarded (in an ethical since). After he got my money he forgot all the promises he made and he was the owner of the dealership :eek: .

The point I'm attempting to make.....Such Cool Bikes and the organization (with some exceptions) has severe ethical and people skill issues.

Just my experience....:confused:

·
Registered
413 Posts
This turndown has a history though - basically Ducati threw Capirossi out after he put a lot of work into making Ducati competitive in MotoGP- and he was close to winning the championship in what - 06? Ducati (or maybe Marlboro) saw Melandri - Italian, talented, younger and figured they didn't need Loris anymore. Now they come back 2 years later and say "Hey, Loris please come back, we still love you" If i was him I would've said the same thing, but but with one finger.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sad......Such cool bikes, but it's like the guy I bought my bike from, critically retarded (in an ethical since). After he got my money he forgot all the promises he made and he was the owner of the dealership :eek: .

The point I'm attempting to make.....Such Cool Bikes and the organization (with some exceptions) has severe ethical and people skill issues.

What dealership? I know it is a bit of a drive but I have had good experiences with Ducati Austin.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
What dealership? I know it is a bit of a drive but I have had good experiences with Ducati Austin.
I can think of one such dealership here in the DFW...*ahem* Plano *ahem*...area that is absolutely horrid when it comes to customer service.

We live by Frisco and will drive the hour and a half all the way over to EuroSport in Fort Worth to buy a $5 part rather than deal with that other dealership in Plano.

I don't even want to speak their name since I don't want the Google Bots to pick up on it and give them any more credit than they deserve...:D

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
This turndown has a history though - basically Ducati threw Capirossi out after he put a lot of work into making Ducati competitive in MotoGP- and he was close to winning the championship in what - 06? Ducati (or maybe Marlboro) saw Melandri - Italian, talented, younger and figured they didn't need Loris anymore. Now they come back 2 years later and say "Hey, Loris please come back, we still love you" If i was him I would've said the same thing, but but with one finger.
+1 Wow, that article threw me back and gave me the impression I kind of knew already. That is-Ducati has basically given up on fixing the bike and instead are throwing money life rings to attract anyone who might be able to ride the beast. If Loris took the bait and Casey came back, that would mean Nicky would be out on his ear. Ducati apparently doesn't have the patience either, their history spoiled them and they are under the gun. Nicky is improving, in smaller increments but his performance graph is going in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

I kind of lost respect for Ducati after reading the piece. I know its a business but it sounded way to cold and impersonal. Loris recognized this and I'm glad he didn't fall for it. On the other hand its good to hear nice things about Suzuki, at least for now. You never kow what these companies are going to do anyway.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Looks like you can add Pedrobot to the list. Both Lorenzo and Pedrosa turned down big money deals to ride the Duc. I wonder, is it the bike?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Looks like you can add Pedrobot to the list. Both Lorenzo and Pedrosa turned down big money deals to ride the Duc. I wonder, is it the bike?
Again, I think it does all really come down to the bikes:D

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
From what I saw last weekend and talking to some people, I'm voting it's the bike :D

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
With Pedrosa, I understand the issue (just as it was with Yamaha and reportedly Honda now) is the role (or lack thereof) Puig will play in any future deal. Yamaha expressly said there was no room for Puig, and Ducati said the same thing. I understand Pedrosa has reportedly re-signed with Honda now (awaiting official announcement) so it will be interesting to see whether Puig is still in their paddock next year.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Puig?

Sorry, Fellas. I try to ignore Pedrosa as much as possible, so I'm not familiar with this Puig character. Who is he in relation to Pedrosa? Manager, crew chief?

Is Pedrosa unwilling to move from Honda unless the new ride allows Puig?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Sorry, Fellas. I try to ignore Pedrosa as much as possible, so I'm not familiar with this Puig character. Who is he in relation to Pedrosa? Manager, crew chief?

I think Puig's official title is "Ass Pimple", but he acts as Pedrosa's manager and adviser. He is a very intrusive character and has pissed Honda off to the point of getting banned. The big hang up to Pedrosa re-signing with the Repsol Honda squad was that Honda said they would no longer allow Puig into the Honda Garage. Yamaha was talking with Pedrosa, but they basically said the same thing; any deal with Pedrosa would exclude Puig from the garage. It is unknown whether or not Ducati made the same stipulation, but since Marlboro was pushing hard to find a replacement rider for Stoner, they may have been willing to put up with Puig.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So Nicky now has a contract to compete in his EIGHTH season in MotoGP - all on full factory bikes.

Hmm... Sometimes I wonder if these multi-million dollar factories and race teams know something the average internet wannabe doesn't? :think:

·
Registered
413 Posts
So Nicky now has a contract to compete in his EIGHTH season in MotoGP - all on full factory bikes.

Hmm... Sometimes I wonder if these multi-million dollar factories and race teams know something the average internet wannabe doesn't? :think:
I thought for sure I'd be getting a call this year for my advice. Don't know how Suppo, Brivio and Suzuki all could have lost my number- again! :think:

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts

To give Puig his due, he was a mainstay at the Honda factory team during the two-stroke era, and won the Spanish GP - as a Spaniard, winning in Spain, a market that is bike-crazy, this was a big deal. Since retirement, he has played an important part in developing some name riders, including Casey Stoner and Dani Pedrosa. If it were not for the role has played as Pedrosa's manager, he likely would still be seen by most in the MotoGP paddock as a hero.

However, his role in 2006 during Nicky Hayden's run for the championship, especially after Estoril when Pedrosa torpedoed Hayden, and Puig blamed Hayden for the crash, has changed his role to that of the villain, and his role in the development of Honda's 2007 800cc bike around Pedrosa, thereby relegating Hayden, Honda's new World Champion, to 2d rider-status, has poisoned his legacy to the point that the factories don't want anything to do with him. It remains to be seen whether Honda is stuck with him next year, or whether they have managed to dump him.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts