Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took the Streetfigher for my first canyon run today, about 150 miles of all types of twisty turny blacktop. Had a total blast! :eek:

My good friend accompanied me with his 1098 so I got a chance to swap out the bikes and get a feel for the differences.

I managed to run the canyons pretty hard but keep the revs below 6 grand so I didn't push it in any way, and as AK would say... "the tires are done!" chicken strips are (almost) gone.

One thing that stood out today was how nice the seat is, very comfy! The pegs are freakin slippery and have to go, and I will space the right peg out a bit.

Anybody on the fence - go get one!!!! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
434 Posts
Ugh...wish I had mine...I called my dealer today. Status = Pending.

Thanks for the review...!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
agree the pedals are super slippery especially if wet!! Took mine out last nite for a short ride but plan on doing a couple 150ish mile rides sat and sund as weather's supposed to be gorgeous finally!

Chris

·
Registered
3,852 Posts

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Will these fit on the SF? I'm assuming the pegs are the same across models in the ducati line?

Chris
Yes, I had them on the S4Rs, on the 1098S Tri., on my MV Brutale and on the 999R, I'm pretty sure is a standard thing.

·
Bon Vivant
11,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep Morrison is right next to Red Rocks Amphitheater, we pulled in to the park to snap some pics after riding Morrison canyon.

For my own style I don't think the SF replaces the 1098, I may ride it more because it's probably going to be better for everyday riding
but the 1098 is still an amazing bike that is perfectly suited for what it does best.

I like them both very much ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Those look like some beautiful roads to be riding!

Thanks for sharing!

Imagine the pain of having the bike sit at the showroom.. and not on the road yet due to a screw up in documents... :crazy:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Comfy

Mmmmmmmm.

Great Photos,and the Scenery ain't bad either !!:)

Gotta agree,the seat is very comfortable for it's size.:eek:

Pegs aren't an issue for me.:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts