Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have never been more exited about buying a new bike than this one. I pick up my new 1200 touring next week.
I hope it goes as good and as fast as everyone says, as i didnt even bother to test ride before i bought this bike. I want to be suprised!!
F##k, I can Barly wait!!

So far , I have ordered
* top box
* GPS
* Carbon air intake
* Carbon Termi slip on.

A few questions
Does anyone here have the termi slip on ? Good? I like the look of this pipe .
Does anyone have the cat eliminator ? Do you need to tune the bike for this??
Can anyone recomend a shop in the USA that i can buy mor carbon bits, crash bars and cat eliminator pipe?

any help would be appreciated.

Im so looking forward to tracking this bike, taking it up to the rev limiter, going over jumps and scraping the pegs , riding through mud and blasting past sports bikes on twisty roads!
:D:D

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oooh

You better start taking the calm down pills now

The Termi slip on looks nice - that's it.. no noise or performance gains and if you run it with a cat eliminate pipe it will be LOUD

Best mod is the 14T front sprocket, ebay search will get you one

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The calm down pills dont work.....

So does anyone know where i can buy the cat eliminator pipe from?

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Since you have the Termi slip-on coming only certain mid pipes will work. I think the Leo Vince works with the Termi slip-on, but verify that. The LV mid pipe has a baffle built in for some noise reduction, but your system will be LOUD if you go this direction!
Ducati SBK Link Pipe for Multistrada 1200 by LeoVince (2010-2012)

·
Premium Member
551 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Try Home « Commonwealth Motorcycles I just returned a set of the DP crash bars because my bike doesn't have one of the tabs required to mount them. They have a huge inventory of Ducati accessories in stock and are really nice to deal with. I was in there earlier today dropping off my GS for tires, my son's KTM and had new Michelins installed on my Aprilia rims. I also picked up a new AGV helmet and they gave me a smoking deal. I enjoy going there, but there's way too much temptation for someone having my disorder. BTW, they're one of the forum sponsors

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, I just checked out their web page. Man, I hope i win the lottery tonight! what an awsome store!

·
Super Moderator
8,212 Posts
I have the Termignoni slipon on mine. Looks good, but thats it. The stock exhaust is pretty good performancewise.

Top mods on mine in order.
1. Mapped ecu from Hypertrick - gain power and torque and smoothness in the stock ecu. Best mod ive done. Pm user tomtom
2. Aztec screen spacers - reduced noise and better windprotection. User Aztec sells them great upgrade!!! Pm him
3. 14t sprocket - on order now, but i can feel that the bike is geared to high. Ebay

Other mods.
Ducati topbox and luggage fr. Dealer. Osram h11 nightbreaker plus bulbs ebay. Fenda extenda frontfender extension ebay. Radiator protector ebay. Sw motech auxillary light mounts with 1.5w drl lights and 2x35w xenon auxillaries fr. Hawk (to be mounted).

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you're doing the carbon air intake I would highly recommend doing the carbon air extractors as well. It's going to look odd if you don't do both. Just my .02

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're doing the carbon air intake I would highly recommend doing the carbon air extractors as well. It's going to look odd if you don't do both. Just my .02
What are the carbon air extractors??

Does anyone know where i can get a carbon pikes peak screen??

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any ducati parts dealer should be able to get you the PP screen. It's an OEM replacement part. OEM P/N: 487.1.058.1A

The air extractors mate with the intake on the backside. you can see them best in this pic:

Find the piece that looks like this:

It's basically pointing at her shin. Just above the horizontal cylinder and behind the air intake. If you do the intake without doing the air extractors your nice CF line on the side of the bike will turn back to matte black half way across the fairing. Looks tacky IMHO.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are right! I will order them next. I just ordered the pikes peak screen. $340! man, I better stop spending money on this bike! I cant wait to ride it!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts