Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, did a search but nothing concrete came up!!

Just how waterproof are the hard bags in peoples experience?
I've just reinstalled mine but they've never had more than a shower or two on them as I use the Ventura rack mostly....

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have ridden through a few wash-outs and the bike has been out in some pretty heavy storms (at rallies of course). And I have never had a drop of moisture in them. Seem pretty high and dry to me.

·
Registered
439 Posts
peak pannier performance

G'day Pete,

I rode with mine from Canberra down to Bright on the last QBW, when we had that antarctic weather pattern. We were in solid and increasing strength rain from Tumbarumba to Bright - not a sign of leakage seen.

cheers,

Dave

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
The only time I have gotten water inside my panniers has been when I squirted water directly in the latch area while washing them. I rode through a very heavy rainstorm on my ill-fated Spring Break trip with no leaks.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
1000's of miles through Europe in all rains and even in floods, fully (over)loaded - not a drop came through

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine leak:(....been in heavy rain and i always find a few tablespoons of water in the bottom of them. I installed them on the bike fresh out of the box a few months ago. The previous owner either never had them on. Never investigated if it was coming from aroung the latch, or the seal. I just assumed this was normal.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Is the leakage you experience due to Yankee rain perhaps, or is it in weather from all points on the compass?

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Thousands of miles in the rain with mine and never leaked. Even after distorting one from a low-side, that one still doesn't leak.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The biggest danger of water intrusion is when you've been riding in the rain, pull off the road say at a gas station, and open one of the bags. Water tends to collect in the latch area, and when you open the bag it spills directly down all over the contents. When I'm on a trip, I pack my clothes in large ziplock bags, then put these into my saddle bags. Keeps the clothes dry, and keeps things more organized.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers everyone...... Like what I hear!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts