Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found another Panigale Review. This one is from Australia. You guys from the USA will probably laugh at the price (we cry when we see what y'all are paying over there). A dollar USA is more or less equal to a dollar Australia.

Panigale Review

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good god, that is a tough bullet to bite. I had no idea the inflation of prices you had to deal with down under. I was $37k CDN out the door on my 1199R.

·
Registered
996 Posts
People in the US complain about taxes, but live elsewhere to gain perspective.

We have exorbitant costs for health care, so it does even out a bit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm curious as to what you guys in the USA are paying for a Panigale Service? I've heard here they cost double what a 1098/1198 service costs?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
my 600 mile service was around $200. The service intervals are more extended on the 1199, with no belt changes/checks and valves done at 15k miles. This is a pretty big service with not only valves being done but the mesh filter in the sump has to be cleaned, to do that the head pipes have to be removed. So that service will be expensive. The 7500 mile service is not a whole lot more than an oil change and check things. On the 1199 I'd expect to pay around $400 and the 15k service probably $1k. This depends widely from one dealer to the next in the US due to different labor rates.

So I didn't find service to be more expensive on this than the 1098. (remember on the 1098 the belts have to be changed every 12.5k miles and valves checked every 7.5k miles.)

I'm curious as to what you guys in the USA are paying for a Panigale Service? I've heard here they cost double what a 1098/1198 service costs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts