Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a replacement wheel off an ST4s (grey), that I want to get powder coated to match the current color scheme on my ''99 ST2, which is the dull gold color frame and wheels.

The one shop I found that seems reasonable said they need the paint code in order to do the job.

Best I could find was from threads in this forum: F99835

Will the shop be able to match with just this code? Does anyone have any FHE with this code or matching the gold?

It doesn't have to be perfect, as the wheels will no doubt be covered in road grime and brake dust most of the time.

Thank you.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured I'd send an email to DNA, thinking they might be helpful. Not so much. Here's the reply:

thanks for contacting us.

We would like to inform you that Ducati no longer manages information concerning the paint codes for the ST2 (1999) of your interest. Therefore, we suggest you contact one of the following companies:

LECHLER INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT
Via Cecilio, 17
22100 – Como - Italia
Tel. +39.031.586.333 (interno dedicato) / +39.031.586.111 (centralino)
Fax +39.031.586.206
Lechler | Colori e Vernici dal 1858

Sig. Mario Sassi
OLDRACINGS SPARE PARTS
Via Santa Rizza, 28/3
42013 - Casalgrande – (Reggio Emilia) - Italy
Tel. +39 0522 999179 - Fax +39 0522 999536
[email protected]
http://www.oldracingspareparts.com/contact.htm

They will be glad to offer you all the assistance you need in this matter.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
My painter (Sean at CCR in Connecticut) was adamant that Ducati uses several different shades of paint for any one paint number, and that the only way to get a real match is to take a reading off the item you wish to match. He does this in the lab where the paint is mixed, but the technology is probably portable. He wouldn't paint one side of my Senna ST4s without having both the nose and other side fairings to check, and they came up slightly different in their batches, so he split the difference and did a bang-up job. You might want to see if you can find some painter in the area with this kind of service so you wouldn't need the Ducati numbers. Just a thought.

Ron

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ron do you know a ball park the shop in CT charges for painting a tank to a diff oem color?

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
kain2882 - can't say that I do, since I didn't need Sean to paint my tank. He did a bang-up job on the lower fairings, where I had some scratches that bugged me every time I looked at them.

But give him a call or an email (calling is better generally) — here's his website.

Be sure to tell him year, model and color. Sean explained that some colors are relatively modest in price, whereas others - well, we'll just say that you may have to choose between your mortgage that month and the paint.

Ron

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks I will reach out to him

1 - 7 of 7 Posts